Thursday, July 8, 2010

WELCOME ROMAN

IT IS OFFICIAL . . . ROMAN LAWLOR IS NOW PART OF THE FAMILY ! B&K called this morning to say the judge gave them final custody of Roman and they were headed to his home town to pick up his birth certificate. They called again this evening so Roman could say hello to his sister Abby. Abby has not had too much to say about all of this. I guess it is all rather obscure to her but she does know that Roman is now a permanent part of the family and she will be seeing him back in Atlanta in about a week. Bridget and Roman will return to Kiev for Roman to have a physical exam and to get him a passport so he can leave the country. They hope to fly to Atlanta next Wednesday. Kyle is planning on returning to Windsor this Saturday and then he, Abby, Ger and I will all fly to Atlanta the following Saturday. Our holiday will be cut short by about a week and a half but since our soon to be born grandson in Fort Lauderdale seems to want to arrive well before his August 12th due date I think I would be delighted to be in Florida sooner rather than later. (Baby "S" is measuring 2 weeks ahead of schedule so he may arrive by C section on the 31st.)
I will miss Windsor, as we have gotten into a comfortable routine and are enjoying our circle of "friends". Today Ger and I went into Windsor to do some souvenir shopping for family and friends back home. Kaelin made out the best because she will be visiting on the first of August and she just loves EVERYTHING ! Baby "S" got a few lovely hand made items and a few other things and even Abby got a couple of things. I told Ger that the way to get me to go walking with him is to take me shopping. We walked from one end of town to the other and had a great breakfast at a little Italian place on the walking street. It was a wonderful day and I think it will be hard to go back into our Florida routine. But then I doubt it will take me that long to return to sitting at the pool, reading, napping and having a "Drink of the Day" !

2 comments:

  1. This is such exciting news! I am so happy for Roman and the Atlanta (err, Windsor) Lawlors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That means today is officially "LAWLOR DAY" and I get to hand out Blow Pops!

    ReplyDelete