Friday, July 16, 2010

The Last Day

I have gotten more cards from people over here because we are leaving than I get at home on my birthday. I guess they are really glad to see us go! Ger and I got another card today from Abby' s friend Savanna and her family. They wished us well and a safe journey and asked us to keep in touch. I guess we have become ambassadors for American Grand parents and need to stay on the road for the rest of our days.
Today we spent the day cleaning and doing laundry. We took a break and drove out to the Windsor Royal Farm Stand where we found they were having a BEER FEST for the weekend . . . and we're leaving town! OH NO ! Talk about poor planning! Kyle was quite disappointed when he heard about it and I think he has noted this weekend on the calendar for next year. Because we had to pick up Abby in a short time we did not partake of the 40 different types of ale from local brewers but instead had a nice lunch in the coffee shop. It is a great farm shop with amazing produce and meats that all come from "The Queen's Farm". Although I can't quite picture Her Majesty milking a cow.
This afternoon we all spent quiet time playing and hanging out getting ready to leave tomorrow morning. Next time you hear from me it will be from Florida. Don't expect a blog tomorrow though because we will be getting home to Florida at 2 AM England time and I plan on sleeping most of Sunday.
It's been fun! Thanks for traveling with us and safe journey where ever you are going for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment