Friday, December 30, 2011

JUST SHAKING MY HEAD . . .

I am about to spend a week with my 2 BFF's while cruising the warm waters of the Caribbean. (Husbands are coming too.) We will NOT be at a loss for things to talk about. (We NEVER run out of things to talk about but just in case . .) Husband has been supplying me with ENDLESS material for my next gig as a stand up comic. Just in the past week the man has gone totally DUMB with a capital D. The things he is saying and doing are giving me lots to talk about but some times I really DO feel bad making fun of the poor guy. He obviously can't help himself and the fact that this is actually nothing new says a lot for me staying with him all these years. I guess I just love a good laugh, even if my first reaction is murder.
The latest H ism came today when we decided to cram 2 large pool chairs into the car and drive them up to the Stewart Flea Market to have them re-strung. The plastic webbing is rotting and the last time we were at the Flea Market we saw a place that had good prices for making our lounges look like new.
Problem  . . .  Small Car . . .  BIG chairs. This is going to take some thinking and work so I knew we were in for trouble. Even though the Rav is the car that H drives the man knows nothing about this vehicle. Open the door, put in the key and GO is as much involvement as H wants. He has recently learned how to fold down the back seats but even that requires some help from me. We got the seats down, I emptied all the crap from the back of the car that H would have left and fought with and we were ready to go. It took some doing but we did get the lounges into the car, the door closed and we were ready to make the 30 mile drive.
As soon as we started out I heard a noise that shouldn't have been. At first H told me it was nothing,  "Stop listening for trouble" was his direct quote. (PS . . .  I am driving and don't like noises coming from my car when it is crammed full) WE turned onto the ramp to the highway and I stuck to the slow lane because I really didn't like this noise. The further we drove the more the noise was evident. H continued to tell me everything was fine. I continued to think the noise was coming from the chairs rubbing on the back door. Just before we were getting off the highway H MENTIONED that he MIGHT have left the head rests from the back seats ON THE ROOF of the car. (Picture my face when he tells me this . . .) CALM . . . CALM . . . CALM . . .  I WILL REMAIN CALM !  My response was "REALLY?" H had apparently taken the head rests off the back seats so they would fold down and rather than putting them some place SMART he puts them on the ROOF of the car.
I just happened to be at an exit so I pulled off and H jumped out and SURE ENOUGH! There sat ONE head rest on the roof of our car. TWO (2) seats, ONE head rest.
Some where between our house and 30 miles north of here there is a head rest laying on the side of the road and people are wondering . . . HOW THE HELL DID THAT GET THERE?
If they read my blog they will find out!

OH . . . PS . . . .  the shop was closed today so we still have the chairs in the car and will have to make another trip next week.  Do you think we will find our head rest on the way?

No comments:

Post a Comment