Wednesday, July 11, 2012

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW ?

So I am picturing God sitting where ever he sits, holding His head muttering, "Catherine, Catherine, Catherine . . . When are you going to hear me? When are you going to listen to all the answers I am sending you? When are you going to realize you have the answers you are seeking if you just stop praying and just LISTEN!?"

And I, here on Earth, just keep getting up every day and spending the entire day PRAYING to God, the Holy Spirit, Mary, St. Joseph, Jesus and just about any one who I think might listen. But I never seem to "GET IT" so I just keep on praying.

Rather than have me hit in the head with a 2X4 God has sent me 2 people to give me answers and to basically tell me to Poop or Get off the Pot!  I can't imagine these 2 experiences just happened out of the blue. I am a total believer in Karma, fate and Divine Intervention.

Wake-up-call #1 happened yesterday.  I had my yearly physical and am, apparently, healthy as a horse. (And weighing just about as much!)  The main focus of my physical turned into a mental therapy session where I started venting about my state of mind, which has been piss poor for quite some time now. (In case you haven't noticed.)  Doctor and I discussed changing some of my meds and after a half hour of talking she said, "Leave Your Husband".  That shut me up fast. I picked my mouth up off the floor and just stared at her. Bottom line . . .  shut up about "poor you" and if you are that miserable DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT !  The thought of leaving H is always in my mind but when some one actually told me to DO IT . . .  suddenly reality slapped me up side my head and I realized what an idiot I am.  NO WAY am I leaving H so what the hell AM I pissing about all the time?    Yeah, the man drives me nuts and is a total A hole at times but he is a MAN so what do I expect.  Would I really be happy living in a one room shack having to work as a waitress to support myself?   DUH!
So this morning I called my therapist from 2 years ago and made an appointment for next week.  I need a new mind set and she will help me get it.

Wake-up-call #2 happened today.  I had a chiropractor appointment and then a lunch date with the chiropractor's receptionist/assistant, Carol.  I have known her for a couple of years now and we always enjoy chatting when I come in to the office. We figured we would take some time out of the office to get to know each other a little better. She is a lovely lady, same age as me, originally from Massachusetts, living full time in Florida with her husband. She has grand kids that live a distance away so there is a lot of common ground for us.
At lunch I mentioned my encounter with the doctor yesterday and we got talking about what I "need" and want out of life. I mentioned that I always think I should be "doing something" for others. I mentioned thinking I would like to volunteer in the Assisted living facility near by that my father had been in. Carol asked me a few questions about the place and then as we paid the bill she grabbed my arm and said, "Come On!" Next thing we were in her car headed for Palms Edge, the assisted living where my dad had been 7 years ago. Carol walked me in and the next thing I knew I was filling out my name and phone number so Whitney can call me so set up a day and time for me to start.
I checked out Carol on the way back to pick up my car just to see if I could see the wings or halo on her but they weren't visible to me.  That doesn't make me any less sure that she IS an angel sent by God to help me. Thank you Carol for listening and giving me the push!

And there it is . . .   God is moving me in a direction because I have asked him to. I just wasn't listening to him. Hopefully I'll do better in the future !

No comments:

Post a Comment