Monday, July 30, 2012

MAGIC BUBBLES

This is another Ger story so you can just hit the delete button now . . .

WE stayed home today because we were having a mattress delivered. I bought it on OVERSTOCK.COM for a ridiculously low price. Because it came from this Web site it was being delivered by UPS. I have been trying to get H to let me buy a new mattress for months and have gotten no where.  I finally gave up and went on the hunt on line.  I'll let you know how good a deal I got tomorrow morning.  Our old mattress was well over 10 years old and needed replacing. I can't tell you what I was dealing with this  morning from H. We went through a list of "WHAT IF'S" a mile long. I fielded all his questions with a smile and the whole delivery and set up went off without a hitch. I did cost us $20 for the 2 guys who were power washing our roof to drag the old mattress out to the curb where the garbage men will pick it up tomorrow.

In the midst of all H's worries about the mattress delivery and removal we were waiting for the power washers to arrive. The morning was passing and we had not heard from David, the chief player in this power washing plan. (David is also our "pool boy" so I had reservations about this actually happening but I at least kept my thoughts to my self.)

Just after noon the phone rang and as usual H was in his recliner in "his office". I was in the kitchen putting together some lunch so I pretty much ignored the ringing phone.  I glanced into the TV room when H dropped the phone for the second time but he seemed to have the call under control. A few minutes later H hung up the phone and yelled something into the kitchen. I turned off the water and asked what he had said. The response I got was MAGIC BUBBLES. This made little or no sense to me so I repeated my inquiry. Once again I was answered with MAGIC BUBBLES in a louder and more irritated voice. Being a glutton for stupidity I asked a THIRD time "What did you say?" rather than saying "What the F--- is Magic Bubbles and why are you yelling that at me?" By now H is nearly epileptic because I am not getting what ever Magic Bubbles means. I on the other hand am on the verge of peeing my pants from the ridiculousness of this "conversation". Thinking the entire time, "just another day in the crazy house."

Bottom line . . . . Magic Bubbles is the name of the power washing company that is coming to clean our roof and drive way and they were at the gate of our community and needing permission to come in.

House looks great, drive way looks great and hopefully my new mattress will be comfortable.

1 comment: