Thursday, July 5, 2012

I SO TIRED . . .

I am just exhausted watching the cleaning girls clean my house.  You just don't know how exhausting it is!
Yeah, right!
Thank you God for  giving me a life where I can be the lazy lump that I am and have some one come and clean this pig sty for me.

I am out in the garage on my little computer because the girls are working in side. Ger and I got up this morning, (way too early form my liking) and went to Publix for a car load of groceries. The store was pretty empty and busy restocking after the Fourth of July crowds yesterday.  I haven't shopped since we got home from our road trip 2 weeks ago so we really needed to stock up. (We have been living off coupons at local restaurants and what ever I had in the freezer.)  When we got home my favorite part of shopping commenced. Ger is very good in that he will bring in EVERYTHING for me from the car and then stack it up on the counter tops in the kitchen.  That works for me! But then it begins . . .   The proverbial snow ball starts rolling and usually doesn't stop for at least an hour or so. Today I crashed before the snow ball did!
As I walked into the kitchen after putting on my "play" or comfy clothes I told  myself I would just put the groceries away and then get working on the garage, which is a TOTAL mess. (We are having guests tomorrow and Kent and Family are coming up for the weekend so I need to get the garage in order so Smith and our visitor's kids don't kill themselves out here.)
It is now hours after the shopping trip and I have just gotten out here to the garage and don't have the energy to move, no less clean. Some how I went from putting groceries away to cleaning out the entire refrigerator in the kitchen AND the one in the garage. That involved throwing out old food, cleaning shelves and rearranging everything. From the fruit and vegetable drawers I some how got involved in my spice cabinet. I ended up emptying the entire cabinet, washing down the shelves and reorganizing everything in there. By then I still hadn't gotten the meat put away because I had decided to marinate the steak for tomorrow so that  meant making the marinate. Only trouble was, the blender was in the dish washer which needed emptying.

It is going on 3 O'clock and all I want to do is take a nap. That's what happens when I get up "early". It just doesn't pay to get out of bed before noon.

P.S.  How was your Fourth of July?  We had a lovely day yesterday.  I slept in a little and then G and I went out for breakfast. We drove over to check on Kyle's condo and then came home to putter around the house. Yesterday I got into cleaning out the front closet and throwing out a ton of things I haven't worn in ages. Once it started to cool off outside we went out back and worked on the potted plants in the yard. (I think I need some "potting" to chill out. I am scaring myself with all this ambition.) The yard is looking good and it is delightful to work out there in the late afternoon when I can jump in the pool every 15 minutes.  I DO love having a pool! The fact that the pool is 94 degrees is a little disappointing because it REALLY is NOT refreshing. It is rather like taking a nice hot bath at the end of the day when you need to relax your muscles. I will be heading out there later today!
Did I tell you about my fall in the bedroom on Tuesday? WE were on our way to the baseball game and I "ran" in to get  my hat. I know better than to rush doing anything. I slid on one of the mats in front of the sinks in our master bath and  one leg went one way and the other leg went the other way. I crashed down on my knee, fell to the floor, rolled across the room and came to rest up against my vanity. I was NOT graceful !  I lay there yelling,"OW OW OW", thinking H would hear me but that didn't happen. So then it was time to take inventory . . . Pain? . . . Nothing major,   Broken bones?   . . .  no don't think so,   can I move? . . .   Yep, I think I can.  And that was that. Until yesterday when EVERY bone, muscle and joint is in pain.  Helloooooo  Aleve !  I am a walking advertisement for that drug.  I probably should make a trip to the chiropractor but really don't have the time. And I do have an appointment next Wednesday so I'll just wait till then.

Never a dull moment ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment