Tuesday, July 17, 2012

GOOD STUFF - - - BAD STUFF

I wrote about love it / hate it so I'm following a theme here.  Today has brought a shit load of input to my computer and brain.  Some good, unfortunately, most bad.  But life being what it is that's the way the cookie crumbles... usually all over my key board. (I really must stop eating while I type.)

Starting last Tuesday:

Phone text from son Kent in Ft. Lauderdale.  His wife was on her way to Trinidad for work for 2 nights and her cat was sick.  Motsie is 10 years old and has been having lots of UTI's this past year or so. Kristen sends Kent a text from the airport,"Take cat to vet".  Kent takes cat to vet and after tests the results are Motsie has diabetes. He, (the cat) will have to get shots for the rest of his life. (Kent nearly passes out at this thought as he does any time shots or blood are mentioned.) Kent and Kristen are in the  middle of a move to a new town house and haven't got a penny to spare. Shots are $150 a month. The decision was made today to put the cat to sleep tomorrow. Poor Motsie! Motsie has gone from 15 pounds down to 8 in a week so it is probably a good decision but Kent and Kristen are heart broken. (They still have Charlie the cat and Mookie the dog but Motsie has been Kristen's cat from when she was in college.) Motsie was the only cat I knew who would give me "head bumps". He will be missed.

Yesterday I got an email from NY friend Kathy that her husband Jim has been in the hospital for the past 5 days with pleurisy. (An inflammation of the lining of the lungs)  He had a choking incident about a year ago so that may have been the trigger. He is not feeling very well at the moment so we have to send lots of prayers and good thoughts his way.

Today I saw on Facebook that my little man Smith burned his finger on a HOT TIRE RIM(?). The boy loves trucks so I can picture him touching the tire on some truck but I'm really not sure how that happened. He has a blister the size of Rhode Island on his poor little finger.  (I guess it looks so big because his fingers are so small) Poor Smith !

NOW WE NEED SOME GOOD NEWS . . .

I went back to my therapist today for a recharge and it felt good to talk and get reminded of many things I forget.

WE will have Smith here for the weekend!  While mom and dad move to the new house we will get to play and not sleep with Smith. Swimming pool here we come.

Keri sent all her 300 and more pictures from their week vacation on Tortola and all I can say is WOW!
If that island isn't paradise I don't know what is.  The place looks like something out of the South Pacific. Serious beauty!  They had such a great time and the photos of the family are just amazing. If I knew how to down load the pictures from Shutterfly I would but you will just have to use your imagination.


So what wins?  . . . . . .   GOOD STUFF / BAD STUFF?   I'm not sure but I do know I am going to sleep happy tonight so I guess tonight I got it right and am letting the good stuff win.

Happy Dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment