Wednesday, August 22, 2012

WHEN SHIT HAPPENS

I love that phrase . . .  SHIT HAPPENS . . .  From the first time that I heard it I knew it was a profound statement. Because if you are alive on this Earth you  WILL find yourself, at some point or another, in a pile of do do. That is a fact and you know it is true. Sometimes the pile of poop is LARGE and sometimes not so much. Sometimes we can refer to our problem as "The Blue Bird of Happiness" just pooped on us and some times the excrement is dumped on us by a ten ton truck. No matter how the mess is delivered you can bet it will hit you dead on and stop you in your tracks.
Most times we just shake it off and move on to the next delivery waiting to happen while enjoying all the joys of life in between.

Ger and I have pretty much dodged the flying elephants for years now. Each day we would give thanks for ALL the blessings in our lives. And we would often stop to wonder why God had blessed us so.  And blessed we have been and blessed we continue to be in spite of the giant monkey flinging poop at us.

I DO NOT believe that God makes us sick. That is what is called living. Being alive means experiencing life. And life has ups and downs, good and bad.
I DO believe that God is with us through it all and all we have to do is ask for his help to get us through the messy parts. We can either let our selves get bogged down in the muck or we can keep pushing through it holding on to God's hand till we get to the other side of the swamp.

Ger and I have our hip boots on and are ready to push through.  Hopefully we will have enough strength to keep holding on to His hand. Hopefully we will both make it to the other side. But no matter what happens we are not in this alone. God has sent us so many angels in the form of friends, family and even strangers that we are meeting along the way.
 Like all of our lives this is just another adventure to us. I am sure I will be my usual self and complain the entire time. I WILL get pissed at H and I will probably blog about it. This is my vent. It is the safety valve that I can turn to in order to let off some of the steam. I will probably be Ger's safety valve so in turn will have to let some of his steam off through this blog. Other than his sister H does not have anyone to vent to so hopefully God will give me the strength to help Ger without killing him first.  Some things in life never change no matter what you are going through.

Next week Ger starts chemo and radiation to try to kill this nasty cancer that has taken root in his lung. It seems so strange for H to be the one who is going to have to be the "patient". He has always been there for me to drive me nuts when I was suffering and healing. I hope I will have the strength to do the same for him.

WISH US LUCK ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment