Tuesday, February 26, 2013

IT MUST BE MARCH

You know that old saying, "March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb".   Well, our March comes in with a suitcase!  It seems that the world has had quite enough of the Northern snow and cold and decided that they NEED to come to Florida for a visit. And what better place to go than the Lawlor's B&B. Unfortunately or fortunately (depending on how you look at it) G and I have done such a good job of entertaining guests that they insist on returning.

This year it will be interesting . . .  after 7 months of cancer fighting I don't know how we will both respond to house guests but we are giving it a try. Fortunately for all of us Aunt Ann Marie is the first visitor to arrive. She is, as I have mentioned numerous times before, THE PERFECT COMPANION/HOUSE GUEST.  She goes with the flow and knows when to go outside and read her book and leave us alone.

We just don't know how Ger is going to handle company and I honestly don't know how I will do either.  Ger tires so easily and has been quite happy just sitting in his chair for the past 7 months that adding another person to the mix will be interesting.  Ann DOES like to talk. Normally Ger can keep up with her with no trouble but this may be different. My listening skills have been reduced to "selective hearing" so I should be OK. And there is always the computer to turn to when things get to intense.

At the same time that Ann is staying with us our good friends from NY are arriving for a months stay here in PBG. The came down last year and we had a grand time going here and there. BUT, again, G has not been going and doing anything. So if we aren't going that means people are coming HERE. I love company but find it totally exhausting these days.  Maybe I can put AnnMarie to work and she can entertain and I can sit?  That is an option!  I actually would LOVE to be going places so maybe I can leave Ann Marie here and I will go with my BFF and get some good girl time in.  It's good to keep my options open.

Before Ann leaves G and Ann's brother and sister-in-law from Boston are arriving for about 5 days. They will be staying at their big brother's house here in PBG so there will be a family reunion for the 4 siblings. That is AWESOME! and a great treat for all. Can we all guess where we will end up gathering? We just have the perfect home for entertaining so I hope they will all come here even if it means my having to cater and clean.

Once Ann leaves we have another couple from NY visiting just for an overnight. Again, I am looking forward to seeing them and having a distraction from "just Ger".  We haven't seen Jim and Kathy in ages and our friendship goes back about 45 years. I am really looking forward to that visit.

Once they leave there is a week to recoup and then, TA DA, finally, the best of the bunch, KERI AND STEVE, KAELIN AND FINLEY arrive for a week !!!!  

I figure by then I will be so in shape from all the other house guests that we will be ready for some little people for grand ma to play with.

Hopefully Ger will survive all this.  It will mean him moving from one chair to another but I think he is well enough now to handle that. As for me, I am thinking I will break into that unused supply of pot pills that G no longer wants to take. I can probably us a little extra energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment