Tuesday, February 5, 2013

SITING IN CHEMO

It has been a good month.  Our NY friends have been entertaining us and keeping Ger on his toes. We have made it through six months of treatments and today SHOULD be the last of it! To celebrate this occasion Keri is on a plane on her way to surprise Ger. She is taking a couple of days off from work and family and coming down to see her dad.  I will leave chemo in a half hour or so to go pick her up at the airport.  That's if they actually get this chemo session started.  We got here an hour ago, got settled, had the line put into Ger's port and had some blood samples taken.  Today Ger's red blood count is low so we are waiting on the doctor to see if she will go ahead with today's treatment.  Wouldn't that be a laugh !

And so we wait.

In the meantime a family update is in order. I have really been terrible about writing this blog. Ger going to bed at 9 is totally throwing me off.  I don't find time to write during the day and my creative side doesn't wake up till after ten.  And that is my story and I am sticking to it.

The London Lawlor's are alive and busy as ever.  At the moment Abby and her mom are in Atlanta. Abby is taking entrance exams for Catholic school for when she returns to the states this summer.  YES !  The London Lawlor's are returning to Georgia as of July.  Kyle has gotten another promotion and will now be in charge of all the US offices in stead of Europe.  They are ready to come home. But before they do they have some traveling to do. Roman and & Kyle just visited Henry VIII's castle. In a couple of weeks they will be skiing in France. There is a trip to Scotland for a few days over  Easter vacation and a cruise in the Mediterranean  before they leave England for good.  I wonder where they will travel once they are back in the states for good.

The rest of the family is doing super. Smith is continuing to work on being toilet trained. Mom and dad say it is going well but I did read something about Smith standing on his bed the other night in defiance of going to sleep and peeing all over the bed. No comment on the part of grandma since I stopped laughing.

My little loves in Maryland are all doing great and I can't wait till the end of March when they will all be here for a week.

Got to head to the airport so that's it for now.   Hoe to see you soon.    C

No comments:

Post a Comment