Thursday, August 22, 2013

FEELING LIKE RIP VAN WINKLE

I feel like I have fallen asleep and awakened to find my life fast forwarded a bunch of years.  I got a picture today of my little grand daughter Kaelin sitting at her table in her new kindergarten class room. It was MEET AND GREET day at her new school. There she sat, all grown up, looking just like those little people I taught all those millions of years ago. Wasn't Kaelin just born last year? Apparently not! Some how she is five and ready to go to school.

What is happening that time is flashing by so quickly? I know I could sleep my life away but lately I have been up and out earlier and that just seems to be making time go even faster.  It seems like only yesterday I was searching on line to find the Beatles song, "When I'm 64" so I could down load it as my ring tone. Flash forward 4 years and all of a sudden I am 68. I don't think there is a song for that, although I'm sure some of you will come up with some choice selections.

What I'm saying is, time is speeding up.  My years on this earth seemed to drag when I was a child and now I can't keep up with them.  I don't want to take time to watch TV because there isn't enough time. Unless it is to take time to catch up on all those cable shows that I missed while they were on TV. Now with Netflix streaming I have discovered I can catch up on entire seasons in just a matter of hours. Which reminds me, have any of you caught the show, "Orange Is The New Black"?  I had read about it in the paper but never could wrestle the clicker away from H long enough to watch it while it was running in season. Early this week I took some time off and escaped to the bedroom and the computer to see what I could find. Sure enough, there it was, all 13 episodes of season 1.  I have been escaping into the bedroom every chance I got this week and watched the last episode this afternoon. (That's the great thing about retirement and a husband who is glued to Fox News. NO one misses you as long as it isn't meal time.)  So I watched "Orange" and can not wait till 2014 when the next season starts.  NO wonder my life is flashing by, I keep looking forward to next year to watch different shows.

Does anyone know when "Game of Thrones" new season starts?

No comments:

Post a Comment