Thursday, August 29, 2013

I'M STILL HERE

Just checking in to let you know I am alive and well.  Seems that time is flying and I don't know where to find time to say hello.  I"m doing a lot more things on my own these days and just can't find time to write to all of you.

Ger went for PET scan #5 today.  Don't expect any surprises. It's just part of his maintenance. I think his brain is still in there, although the PET scan won't show any of that empty space.  The man is getting spacier by the day.  Physical therapy has been doing him a lot of good.  He no longer falls over when getting out of the chair and can now sort of walk in a straight line. It had been pretty interesting before, I just never knew where he would end up when he got up out of his chair.
Eating is still an issue with Husband Dear.  He just will not eat anything healthy. So I have resorted to sneaking supplements into his food to try and give him some nutrients. That's not working because they tend to have some fiber to them and he complains that it is like drinking/eating sand. (This is the man who would eat sand if I poured chocolate syrup on it.) Not any more. Now Mr. Picky Pants won't eat anything that contains vitamins or minerals. Hamburgers, french fries and grill cheese are about the most I can get him to ingest. God forbid a piece of fruit enters his world. That is like feeding Ham to a Jewish person.
So I have been spending much of my time back and forth to the health food stores and grocery stores. I have been introduced to Hemp Protein, (Ger won't eat it), Maca powder, (Ger is eating and drinking this because he doesn't know it is there.), and all sorts of interesting vegetables that I never thought would enter my kitchen. Do you know how NASTY kale really is ? Grind it up in a juice with other good stuff and it's not bad. I tried putting some in my salad tonight and thought I had bitten down on a rag soaked in kerosene. Yuck !  The leaves aren't too bad but don't bite the stems. They are NASTY!  Good thing I didn't try putting any of that in Ger's salad.
I''ve taken a few days off from juicing in order to give my stomach and intestines a rest. I am taking out stock in the Scott toilet paper company because I am one of their very best costumers these days.
Between researching recipes for Ger and for Juices I am on the computer half the day.

But I am alive and I will try to get back here a little more often than I have been.
See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment