Saturday, August 31, 2013

MORE ADVENTURES WITH CHEMO BRAIN

I started this blog over a month ago.  As you can see, things are just the same now !

I am sitting here in the waiting room of the cancer doc's building waiting for Ger to have is tri-monthly CT/PET scan.  The man is a mess!  He can not keep dates or times straight in his head and insists on arguing with me when he asks for the date or time of some appointment.  Today's test was at 9:30 AM.  it took about 12 times of asking for the date and time before I thought he had it. WRONG!  At 7:30 this morning G was jumping out of bed. I quietly told him he had another hour to sleep but he insisted he had to get up together ready to go for the CT scan.  Perhaps I should have let him get up an hour early because maybe then he would have gotten his shirt on right side out. I just looked at him as he was going in for the test and realized the shirt is inside out. Never mind the fact that it is the shirt that he slept in.

CHEMO BRAIN       OR     JUST GER       ?          It is hard to tell the difference these days !  I'm not saying H was ever the sharpest pencil in the box but he really is unbelievable these days.

Take tonight for example.  H has asked me several times if I changed the bulb in the light on his side of the bed.   I have told him I have not.     The lamp has a 3 way bulb.  2 of the settings have blown out but the bulb will eventually light if you just keep turning the switch.  Because H turns the switch twice after he turns the light off it now lights as soon a he goes to turn it back on.  So he thinks I fixed it. Tonight he asked me AGAIN if I had changed the bulb. When I told him NO for the fortieth time he decided the cleaning girls must have changed it. (Since they come in the day time and have no reason to turn the light on, thus no way of knowing the lamp doesn't work. Why would they change the bulb? AND more to the point, where would they have gotten a 3 way bulb?  I don't think they carry one around in their cleaning supplies and I know they didn't ask me for one.)

He is also not the brightest bulb in the box!

No comments:

Post a Comment