Saturday, August 17, 2013

JUICERS NEED TO COME WITH WARNINGS

HELLOOOOOOOoooooo . . . .   Some where in all the twelve thousand books and recipes for juicing 8 really think it would have been very nice if SOMEONE had taken the time to mention that if you juice beets YOU ARE GOING TO PEE RED !  I thought I had ruptured my spleen or something. Like, maybe a foot note, or a little note in the margin or SOMETHING saying that if you drink fresh beet juice your pee WILL turn red! And not just a mild shade of pink either. We are talking R E D !

My new juicer arrived today and I was excited ! It got here early this morning so breakfast was going to be a big juicy concoction of beets, celery, carrots and apples.  I opened the shipping box and inside was a beautifully gift wrapped package. With a card! HUH? Maybe it's not my juicer. Maybe they shipped me the wrong package. Only one way to find out. Ripping it open while wondering if there was a bride to be somewhere waiting for a gift really didn't make me stop. Sure enough, it was the juicer I had ordered and all the gift card said was, "congratulations".  So I guess somewhere along the way of the ordering I must have checked the box saying this was a gift. O.K. so now I know this is mine I am ready to go. I unpacked the whole thing and I must say it is a work of art. This thing is beautiful! I took it all apart, washed all the pieces and reassembled it with no spare parts left over. Now I am ready to create a fabulous drink. I scrubbed the beets, cut off their tops and bottoms and put hem in "THE CHUTE" . In seconds red juice was splashing out into the pitcher. WOW ! So simple, so fast , I'm on a roll. In went the carrots and apple, a splash of lemon juice and I am ready to feast.

BLAUGH!   It was like drinking dirt . . .  Red dirt, but still dirt.  Maybe I shouldn't have added those green leaves from the beets. But I read somewhere you should do just that.  Maybe it needs more lemon juice?  Maybe it needs fresh ginger? Since I didn't have either of those things I added some club soda which did make it possible to drink but it sure didn't taste like I had hoped.

I think I need to do a little more research and go shopping for a few more ingredients.  I also need to cancel that doctors appointment to check on my bladder and kidneys. It WAS just the beet juice after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment