Thursday, September 24, 2015

GEORGE ? IS THAT YOU ?

George has been calling me.  I don't know George. In fact I don't know anyone by the name of George.  My grand nephew Thomas used to call Gerry "Uncle George" because he couldn't remember the name, Gerard but other than that I haven't known anyone named George since my own Uncle George passed away quite a few years ago. And my Uncle George did NOT speak with a distinct INDIAN accent. The George who is calling me is definitely from the country of India.

George has been calling me for many months now wanting to discuss my computer with me. He calls every few days to tell me my computer has a "VERY SERIOUS PROBLEM" (said with a very serious Indian accent please) At first George started out by telling me my "PC" had a very serious problem. After me telling him over and over that I owned a MAC not a PC George finally got that part of his little scam straight and now just tells me "my computer" has a serious problem".  George then tries to sell me some soft ware to cure the problem. This is usually where I hang up.

Now George is getting more ingenious.  Yesterday Sharon was using my computer when all of a sudden there came warning bells and sirens and flashing pop ups warning that my computer was infected with a virus. We should immediately call a number on the screen.  Guess who answered the phone when we called ???????  You guessed it ! GEORGE !  Or at least it sure sounded like George. (All those guys sound the same)  All I had to do was press a few keys and give control of my computer over to them and . . . . . That's when I did force quit and hung up.

I called Geek Squad this morning and am having an AMERICAN Tech come and clean up my computer tomorrow while I watch him. It may cost me a few bucks but at least he will speak English and I trust him. When George called later to tell me my computer was infected with a virus I told him it was being taken care of by a good old American boy, Thank You very much and George should never call my house again, EVER !    F U GEORGE AND THE CAMEL YOU RODE IN ON !  And if that's not politically correct I just don't give a damn !   Leave my damn computer alone !

No comments:

Post a Comment