Wednesday, September 16, 2015

THE UNDER THE BED BOX

I am assuming EVERYONE has an,"under the bed box. You know, it's that box where you store all those clothes that don't fit you any more. I guess some people just leave those clothes in their closet if you have a really big closet. Or maybe you toss them up on a shelf in your closet. Or in a corner of your closet ? Maybe you stick them in a bag and stuff them in the attic or the basement! Heaven knows there are those rare few who NEVER change size and are still wearing the same clothes they wore in high school ! ACK !  I change size about as often as I change my socks !  Thus the need for the handy dandy under-the-bed-box ! (Actually that should be plural and multiplied to the 100 degree!) I have boxes of clothes stashed every where! Under the bed, in the hall closet, in the guest bedroom closet AND under the guest bed AND in the garage.

Now, give me an entire summer of heat over 95 degrees and RAIN EVERY FREAKING DAY for THREE FREAKING MONTHS and guess what I have gotten into ?  YUP ! The BOXES !!!!!!!  That combined with the fact that I am no longer cooking 47 meals a day for two I seem to be loosing some weight so I now have some interest in looking into these looooooooong forgotten boxes. I think the last time they were opened was when we moved into the house back in 2004, eleven years ago. I couldn't fit into these clothes then so let's see what's happening now.

As luck would have it, just as I am having a good old time for myself discovering a whole new wardrobe my dryer breaks so I cannot launder any of these musty old things. But let that not deter me from a new fashion high. I am washing things a few at a time, hanging them to dry on my ceiling fan and letting the AC do the rest.  My mom would be so proud of me. I always did have a creative spirit.

Now there are only 2 problems left.  I need a revival of the fashions of the 90's and I need the rain to stop so I can strut my stuff OUT SIDE of my house !


1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and I have really enjoyed ready it!

    ReplyDelete