Tuesday, September 8, 2015

GRANDMA'S IN HER GLORY !

NO . . .  I'm not with my grand kids . . .

NO . . .  I'm not with my NY BFF's . . .

NO . . . I'm not traveling . . .

What else makes grandma so happy ????????????

It's a rainy day with NOTHING to do and EVERYONE is afraid to come near me so EVERYONE is leaving me ALONE for three whole days ! I get to do absolutely anything I want to do or nothing if that's what I choose to do.
Now if only I didn't have the stabbing pain in my ear that brings me to my knees every so often, Thank you ear infection. And if I could only breathe through my nose and stop looking like a two thousand year old mouth breathing bottom feeder from the dark lagoon I might actually enjoy this time of solitude.
You would appreciate the wardrobe of the 'under the weather Cath". I have dug out all my "winter"  clothes and am getting to sample all my long sleeve tops to wear with my shorts. I AM FREEZING.  I am tempted to turn off the AC completely but the outside air is some where around 98 and I have no idea what the humidity is hovering at so the AC must remain on but I think I have it set at something like 80. All fans are off and I'm still wearing sweat pants and sweaters. The fuzzy pink robe has been busted out of retirement and although I did put it on the other night it really was a bit TOO hot for this time of the year. I have not washed or combed my hair in 3 days so you can only imagine what that looks like but it is just so much fun to just go to hell in a hand basket every so often. No make up but I have brushed my teeth because there are just some things even I can not stand.

This afternoon, after my second nap after going to the doctor,  I looked out at the pool and thought I really should go out and clean it but the thought of "work" really did not appeal to me. BUT I roused myself and went out and did go into the pool and clean it out. It was a good half hour of moving and activity but then the clouds started moving in again so now I'm back inside, long sleeves back on and ready for a hot cup of tea to warm myself back up. If you had EVER told me I would be cold in Florida in the Month of September I would have called you crazy. Go Figure ! I think after the tea I'm headed for another nap, just because I can. Isn't it great being a Senior Citizen !

As for the cold in my nobe.  I'm on antibiotic so I'll be feeling better soon but I don't think I'll tell anyone.  I really like this quiet time to just putter. I always did like time to myself. Nothing like a nice quiet day to blog. I've had so many ideas for my blog but just have not had the time to write anything down. It seems I have become too popular down here. I mean, Seriously ? Me ? I don't even want to spend time with myself most of the time why these other women want to spend time with me is really beyond my comprehension.

No comments:

Post a Comment