Thursday, September 10, 2015

IT'S "ONLY" A COLD

I can not believe I have been brought down this badly by a common cold.  It is NOT the flu ! The sore throat is gone. There are no aches and pains in my body. I have no head ache.  There is no nausea or other stomach problems. ( I saved you those gorey descriptions) No chills or fever. Just a common, every day WHOPPER of a head cold !

I have now officially used up TWO AND ONE HALF BOXES of Kleenex brand tissues. (Because they are the softest tissues I will trust on my big stuffy nose.) I have resorted to drinking Orange Juice, something that I never do because there is way too much sugar in OJ but I figure the vitamin C sure can't hurt.  I have washed the sheets and pillow case AND PILLOW on my bed twice in the past 5 days hoping to kill germs. (So far it doesn't seem to have helped!) I have "Lysoled" every surface I touch, every door knob, every faucet, every clicker, every arm of every chair. There was a moment of panic when I thought I short circuited my computer when I sprayed the keyboard but all is well.
Thank goodness the biggest effect of this cold on me is the need for sleep. WHAT !  ME?  WANT TO SLEEP?  NO ?    YUP!  Believe it or not I have been sleeping about 18 hours a day.  The craziest thing is I am waking up at 6:30 in the morning (I'll give you time to stop laughing . . . ) I tell my angels to stop joking around, I roll over to my left side so my right ear can drain, (that's the ear with the infection that is clogged so badly I can't hear a thing out of it.) and then go back to sleep till 8:30,( still an hour of the day that I had never considered part of the REAL DAY), get up to take another dose of antibiotic and some food and then go back to sleep for another four hours.

Today I had to go to  my knee doctor for a recheck of my knees, which have been feeling GREAT thanks to his advice to loose some weight! (Isn't it just amazing when these doctors actually know what they are talking about!) My  appointment was for 10:20. I woke up at 8:20, had some breakfast, got dressed and went to the doctor. Then I stopped at the post office, Wynn Dixie and CVS. By the time I got home at noon I barely made it to the bed before I fell sound asleep until 4:45 ! And now it is time to make dinner and go to bed!

BUT IT'S ONLY A COLD !

P.S.   I do see myself feeling better.  I guess it is true that as we "AGE" our bodies take longer to heal.  Don't tell anyone but I think I could get used to this !

No comments:

Post a Comment