Tuesday, May 31, 2016

SAND AND SEA WHERE WE PEE

Well, Abby was here again so have I got Abby stories for you ! That girl just cracks me up. Maybe it is because she is the first grand child or maybe because she is the oldest girl or maybe because she was an only child for so long that she has such a unique personality but she just tickles me and makes me laugh when ever I am around her. She is my baby bird and I hope she never leaves the nest in my heart. Although sometimes I could push her out head first and then throw a brick on her head!

Kyle, Bridget, Abby and Roman flew down from Atlanta this past weekend to give me a hand getting rid of some things by selling them on line. We used a local web site that uses facebook and did quite well ridding ourselves of the treadmill, my dresser, 2 night tables and lamps from my bedroom, a bunch of toys and outdoor play things. Grand ma raked up the cash and the kids helped clear out a huge space in the house. They even packed up a mess of things for a yard sale that Kristen and her friend are having down by them in 2 weeks. Abby, Roman and Smith put price tags on the items and packaged them into boxes and bags so Kent could load them into the car and bring them down to Pompano on Saturday when they went home. It was a whirl wind weekend in which we accomplished A LOT but also got to the beach three times.

Which brings about the title of today's blog.  After beach trip # 3 which was cut short due to pending thunder storms we made a quick retreat to the house before we got electrocuted. There was only one large rumble of thunder but Bridget said she saw lightening and we weren't going to wait around to see if there would be any more so we hot footed it off the beach and into the car. When we got home Abby headed for my bathroom to shower as she had been doing the previous days. I had noted after her past 2 beach showers there was a growing mound of sand just outside the shower but figured I'd clean it all up once the gang left town. Roman and I headed out to the back yard to bring in any toys that had been left there the previous day by Smith and the twins and I jumped into the pool, (storm be damned!) to rinse off and cool down. Just as I stepped out of the pool Abby popped out of the sliding door from my bedroom in a bit of a panic asking if I had any towels.   (THIS IS NEVER A GOOD SIGN!)  Because I have started packing there is a shortage of everything. Even though I kept out enough towels for the guests we didn't have extras laying around and having just come from 3 days at the beach everything was pretty saturated. Anyway . . .  Roman and I looked at each other with that look of "OH OH  WHAT HAS SHE DONE NOW?"  It seems that I had not put the shower head back in the holder after my shower the previous night so when Abby went to take her shower she stood on tip toe to place the shower head up in the holder but when she turned the water on and walked away the force of the water knocked the shower head off the holder and swung it down spraying water all over the bathroom because Abby had also not closed the shower door when she left the bathroom. She returned to a flooded, sandy bathroom floor.  Her first reaction was a good one.  She shut off the water and started mopping up the floor with the only available things she had. WASHCLOTHS ! By the time I got there we had 10 very soggy wash cloths, a pile of sand washed up against the wall, a sodden bath mat weighing in at about 30 pounds and a swimming pool big enough for a hippo to cool off in.

I've been doing laundry ever since !

No comments:

Post a Comment