Sunday, May 1, 2016

THOUGHTS ON SELLING YOUR HOME (HOUSE)i

  Step 1.    DON'T !

No matter what anyone suggests, hints at, mentions, brings up in a passing conversation or gently "brings to your attention"  . . .  DON'T DO IT !  

This is the HELL beyond all Hells, the pits of dispair and the depths of . . . . Well, you get the idea.  It sucks big time !  When your kids decide it is " What's best for you" and the bottom financial line is you just don't have the cash flow that you used to so you KNOW it has to happen sooner rather than later it all makes sense but sense is the very LAST thing that you want to hear about right about now. It's still all too soon and all too raw and all way too painful to let go of and the thoughts of moving ANY place else is a totally impossible thought to wrap my brain around.

Then there are the GOD AWFUL actual logistics of selling your home. (And remember, this IS my HOME, not just a random 4 walls house. It is MY HOME for the past 12 wonderful years. Gerry died here and his spirit is still here with me.)  Now I have Ms high pressure real estate agent trotting through in her high heels every couple of hours bring through hoards of prospective buyers who are discussing how they will tear down this and rip up that and the other parts of my home.  Each time someone else comes through I have to leave my home and evaporate into thin air.   At the moment I am sitting in Starbucks enjoying an herbal berry tea that is quite delicious, enjoying the free wifi, tunes and AC.  Life is good thanks to Starbucks.  (Their chairs are so much more comfy than a booth at mc Donald's but the people aren't nearly as interesting.) But is annoying to have to clear everything off all the counters and furniture to make the house look like no one lives there every time some one is coming in.  I have so much stuffed in closets I can't find a thing.

THEN . . .  we have the issue of where will I go ?????  To which I have NO FREAKING ANSWER !
One day I want a condo in North Palm Beach, (which maybe I could just about afford). Then I think I should go further north cause it is cheaper and move into a trailer. They have more room than a condo but it is further away from Kent and Kristen and the kids.  The price is right and the taxes are lower so it would be smarter.  The smartest would be to go to Century Village in West Palm Beach, a 55 and over community, gated, very cheap, right off the turnpike, BUT ...............

Maybe it's time to just stop thinking and just do what I'm "supposed" to do.    Maybe my kids do know what's best.

Maybe I'll let the take over writing this blog since they're so damn smart !


No comments:

Post a Comment