Thursday, August 31, 2017

BRAIN BOLTS

So here is part 2 of the "THOUGHTS AT THREE A.M." blog.  You need to read that one first.

I have now returned to bed in the very weeeeeeeeee hours of the morning (night) and am actually sort of starting to relax into an almost state of slumber. My brain is quieting down, thoughts of my kids, concerns of me moving, all the "what to do, what to do's" are beginning to quiet down and I'm beginning to drift into a dream like state in which I'm seeing myself moving into my new condo with Dwayne in a month,  (I've just thrown a load of information at you right there), we are putting the furniture in the different rooms, arranging things for this new phase of our lives when
           
                                       WHAM !!!!!!!    

I shoot straight up in bed with the thought " We don't have access to the storage shed on the property!"  
                                         Good bye sleep,              Hello blog.       

Here's the story. After our trip to Alaska Dw (Dwayne) calls me and suggests that we rent a condo down here TOGETHER.  A  condo larger than the tiny Cathie Cave. Last year when Dw came down here for 5 months we had a ball but this place is small and we couldn't have guests over for dinner or even drinks never mind to stay over night. So this suggestion sounded fantastic! I immediately began the search and found a wonderful garden community very close by. I got a realtor and found THE PERFECT PLACE. Two bedrooms, two baths, reasonable rent, gated community, community pool, a huge screened patio with lots of furniture that the owner will allow us to purchase for a very minimum price. The place is exactly what we are looking for. Keri went with me to look at it and we both loved it. BUT . . . neither of us thought to look in the storage shed on the patio. The shed is attached to the unit and we had seen other units and looked in their sheds. When we looked at this particular unit I looked AT the shed and noticed there was a lock box on the door handle so I guess for that reason I didn't bother to open the shed door. I just ASS U MED the lock box contained the key to the house and for some reason was put on the shed door and not the condo door.  
Dw and I signed the lease  and my realtor stopped by to pick up the rent and deposit monies. 

So at 4 A.M. the Brain Bolt shoots into my brain and nearly knocks me out of the bed with the thought. "HEY DUMMY, maybe the lock box is on the storage shed because the landlord doesn't want you to have access to the shed." THIS could be a problem for me. I WANT that storage space, I've already planned what is going into that space. I NEED that space.  Am I willing to give up the whole condo because of this? After a week of contracts and emails and phone calls am I ready to drop the whole thing, disappoint Dw and try to pull out of this deal?  Is there more to this that my brain is not saying but is using this as an excuse to not make this move? 
These and a thousand other thoughts are now racing through my head as I am hysterically pacing the tiny space of my living room at FOUR IN THE MORNING !  Oh my God I have lost my mind!
After about ten minutes of hysteria I  talk myself down and realize that:
1. I do not know for a fact that the shed is not available to use. 
2. Even if it wasn't available would I give up the whole place?
3. Why get all worked up until I talk to my realtor and get some answers about the shed.
4. If a decision has to be made I now have a partner who will help me make that decision. 

(I actually surprised myself at how quickly I came to those calming thoughts and realized that I had been taunting the devil yesterday because I was pissed at what he is doing to my children. I basically told him to back off my family because I know we have God on our side and no matter what that stinking piece of shit satan throws at us God's got us in HIS hands. So what am I to expect but some retaliation on the part of evil. )

As it all turned out the shed is ours to use, of course and all is going as planned.  All the paper work is in, the condo association is giving their approval and it is a GO for moving in two weeks from now.
All that panic for nothing ! But on the heals of that panic attack Keri recommended a wonderful book that addresses those 3 AM brain bolts or "CHATTER" as the author likes to call it. 
The book is, CRASH THE CHATTER by Steven Furtick. An excellent read of you have ever heard those little voices telling you "You can't", "You shouldn't" or "You aren't".  



No comments:

Post a Comment