Tuesday, August 8, 2017

LOST AND SEEK

I spent some time in Pompano today with "The Gang" down there and all Wynn wanted to do while we were at the house was for Grand ma to play Hide and Seek.  Let me mention that they live in a three story town house with HUGE flights of stairs that I barely crawl up and down when I arrive and leave no less run up and down in a game of hide and seek. The poor little man just couldn't understand why Grand ma wouldn't join in this all time favorite pass time. (We went to the play ground and splash pad down by the ocean and had ice cream for lunch so that pretty much made up for the lack of hide and seek time.)

What Wynn fails to realize is that Grand ma spends most of my days playing my own version of hide and seek. Only mine usually is at a much greater cost. For example, in the past 16 hours alone, (yes, I was up at 4 AM this morning! Don't ask me why? But at least I"m not depressed any more.) I have managed to loose no less than FOUR different things. THANK GOD none of them were any of the kids !  I lost a credit card, a hearing aide, the keys to my condo and a new prescription that I just picked up at the pharmacy !  Please note that I did NOT include in the list of losses that I have lost my mind.  That ship sailed so long ago it's not worth mentioning.

The credit card and the prescription were lost at the same time, or so I am assuming, but we all know what happens when we Ass U Me things so who knows where or when those two went AWOL. I did find both of them when I dumped my purse and back pack out on the bed. Between transferring things from one bag to another all sorts of stuff got misplaced.
The hearing aide vanished when I lay down on the couch after staggering in the door this afternoon upon my return from Pompano. I remember taking them (2) out of my ears, placing them on the coffee table, (or the thing that stands in front of the couch but is by no means "a table"), and falling sound asleep for an hour. About two hours later when I went to put them back in my ears there sat ONE hearing aide, all alone, looking all innocent and lonesome. No second hearing aide anywhere in sight. Now seriously . . .  How does that happen?  I put 2 down, I went to sleep and when I wake up there is only 1 there ?  Mice ??  Pixies ??  The Borrowers ????? (I always knew those books were about real little people!)  So after I took all the cushions off the couch, vacuumed under the cushions, moved the couch, vacuumed under and behind the couch, picked up the area rug, moved and vacuumed that and STILL no hearing aide I decided it was time to call in the BIG GUY! Prayer time! "OK GOD, I Need some help here PLEASE!" As I'm putting the stuff back on the shelf of the "coffee table" I look in the box with the clicker and guess what's sitting in the bottom of the box? YUP ! The missing hearing aide.  Go figure! So I guess God wanted me to clean my living room and didn't know how else to get me motivated.
The keys to the condo are hopefully in the console of my car where Kent put them after taking my car to his meeting today so I could use his car to transport the kids to the beach.  There were several moments of panic as I pulled into my condo parking lot and started looking for my keys and couldn't find them. I figured they HAD to be someplace and I did have a spare condo key on my car keys which NEVER leave my bag, (love that push button ignition) so I just used that key to get into my house. I called Kent and he says they are in the top of the center console where I never thought to look. By then I was so tired I just figured I'd wait till tomorrow and hope he's right.

So little man Wynn, when you ask Grand ma to play hide and seek you have to realize that not only don't Grand ma's knees work for going up and down stairs but Grand ma is tired of SEEKING.  That's all I do most days and it's freaking exhausting !!

No comments:

Post a Comment