Sunday, August 13, 2017

THOUGHTS TO THINK AT THREE A.M.

As you can gather from the title of this little piece my sleep patterns have not improved any over the past couple of days. I tried going to bed at 10:30 last night and that only got me to wake up at 3:30 this morning.  It was a gentle awaking, a slow rise from where ever my brain takes me when I sleep and as I lie there in bed deciding if I should get up or try to re-enter the world of oblivion I started to focus on what I was seeing even though my eyes were shut.   Did you ever think about this ?

WHAT DO YOUR EYES SEE WHEN YOUR EYE LIDS ARE CLOSED ?
 (Remember please it is three in the morning, I am sleep deprived, under stress and on wacky medication so cut me some slack!)

This is some serious stuff to consider. You've got to try this! Sit or lie in a dark room, close your eyes and focus your brain on what you are seeing.  At first you just say, "I see nothing. It's black." But give it a few minutes and concentrate on LOOKING at the inside of your eye lids. I mean, if you think about it, your eyes are always working. They don't stop seeing just because you put your eye lids down or "Shut Your Eyes" so to speak. So if your eyes are "SEEING" all the time just what is it that they are seeing when you shut your eyes? I assume you are looking at the back of your eyelids and if I focus on that I get quite a display of color and filtered light. (Yes, it IS time to call my children and have me committed!  I have totally gone over the edge.)  I have in fact been conscious of the eye ball show for years now and can often entertain myself by watching this show that is being played out on the inside of my eyelid or in my brain or where ever the hell this insanity comes from. It's often much more entertaining that the crap that is on TV.
This morning as I was relaxing watching "The Show" in my head I wished I had an ounce of artistic talent and could capture the color and movement of what I was seeing. It looked like a purple and black galaxy of stars with streaks and spatters of white all swirling and moving constantly. It was BEAUTIFUL.  I can get scientific and  philosophical here and project that when we close our eyes and focus our mind we are seeing a reflection of our brain or our eye. Or perhaps we are getting  glimpses into the origins of our existence or maybe even Heaven.

What ever it is it kept me from jumping out of bed at 3:30 A.M.

As for falling back to sleep . . . Well that is a whole other blog that you can read next.

No comments:

Post a Comment