Tuesday, March 17, 2020

THE "UP" SIDE

The seriousness of this national pandemic is not lost on me.  I can not believe how our lives have changed in the span of a week. I hope all of you out there are taking all the necessary precautions to keep yourselves healthy and safe.      

Personally . . . I am LOVING this forced isolation and can not be enjoying life more. There is NO place to go.  No doctor appointments, no shopping, no babysitting, (although I REALLY do miss that one), and no schedule to follow.  It's like I am on vacation !  I am actually having the opportunity to enjoy living in Florida without the daily burden of life.  I have HOURS and HOURS to do what ever I want to!  It's GREAT !!   Now I don't know if this will wear off in a week or two but right now life is good. The fact that the weather has been absolutely PERFECT is a huge bonus.  Everyday has been sunny, 82 degrees and low humidity.  I mean . . . I'm in Heaven.

Being quarantined is also giving me time to read the paper every day, do my puzzles in the paper and have breakfast, lunch and/or dinner eaten when ever we want outside on the lanai.  We have brought our huge jigsaw puzzle that we've been working on for the past month outside to work on in the sunlight for hours on end.  Life is good.  
 Not running around every day has given D and I a much needed refresher. We have been together for 4 years now and things were getting a little mundane as happens with "old married" folks.  We are discovering all over again why we enjoy each others company whether it is just sitting quietly together or cooking. (Yes, the Man cooks!).

BUT most importantly I am gaining LOTS of material for my blogs.  One such incident came to light yesterday when I gave Dwayne his new St. Patrick's Day tee shirt.  First off let me tell you that the Norwegians of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan DO NOT celebrate St. Patricks Day. . .  EVER !
The man does not have a clue that everyone is Irish on March 17th. In order to get him indoctrinated into the Irish mentality I bought him a black tee shirt with big green letters that say "CHEERS". Being a beer drinker I thought this particular shirt would be perfect for him.  He really liked the shirt and was all ready for the day. Little did he realize that I had actually bought him 2 shirts exactly alike, one was a LARGE and the other was MEDIUM.   In the 4 years that I have known this man he has prided himself in wearing medium tee shirts but over the past year these shirts have been slowly "shrinking" according to him.  The fact that his belly is getting a bit larger does not occur to him . . .
it is the shirts that are shrinking !  Yesterday I gave him the medium shirt and explained that I thought it looked very small to me so I also bought a large shirt just in case.  Holding up the medium shirt to demonstrate just how small it looked he agreed to try on the large one which fit great and was so super comfortable he wore it all day today.  Showing him the medium shirt opened up the discussion of how clothing manufactures are not making clothes the same sizes as they used to. According to The Man medium shirts are much smaller than they used to be. AND the fabrics are not as good as in years past because the shirts ALWAYS shrink in the wash !  
You will be proud of me . . .  I did not fall on the floor laughing hysterically. I just tucked this all away until I could get to my computer and share this with you.

If this pandemic continues I'm sure there will be a daily blog sharing more of this sort of stuff with you.  Until then stay healthy !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment