Thursday, July 16, 2020

I DRANK MY ICE PACK

So if you read yesterdays blog you know I did something to my knee/leg and went to the doctor to get it looked at.  What I may or many not have mentioned is that my leg HURTS LIKE A MOTHER !!!
I made it to the doctor and back, in and out of the pharmacy and drove back home with a minimum of pain. Last night I took the first dose of anti-inflammatory and pretty much tried to stay off the leg.
My favorite "GO-TO" place for relaxing in the evening is of course BED.  A neighbor stopped over to have a few beers with Dwayne so I went to get an ice pack so I could hide out in the bedroom while "The Boys" had their get together.

Only one problem . . .   The ice pack was not in the freezer. . . . DAMN ! . . . I had used it in the afternoon before going to the doctor and in my rush to get out the door I left it sitting on the kitchen counter.  When I went to look for it last night it had been moved from one counter to the other by "you know who" and there it sat all melted and warm.

Now I'm just saying that if I came into a kitchen and saw an ice pack melting on the counter I would more likely than not pick it up and put it IN THE FREEZER !!!!  I mean, if he picked it up to move it from one place to another could he not have moved it into the freezer where most ice packs are stored? ? ?  

I know these odd creatures that we co habituate with are idiots but REALLY ???

So there I was ice packless and in need of something cold to put on my knee.  Seeing how the freezer in the fridge no longer makes it's own ice cubes like it is supposed to, (and that doesn't not bother The Man one single bit), I had no way of filling a bag with ice. Next thought was to see what items were in the freezer that I could possibly use.  Frozen peas? . . .  we don't eat frozen peas.  Frozen dinners do not work well as ice packs nor does ice cream.  What we do have a TON of is frozen halibut but I really didn't want to smell like a dead fish so as a last resort I went with the frozen drink pouches.

In cause you have yet to discover this wonder of wonders, picture those little plastic sleeves of flavored water that you buy for the kids in the summer.  You put them in the freezer for a couple of hours and VOILA !  A nice cold treat for the kiddies. Well some genius has come up with the adult version of this . . . A pouch of alcohol infused drink mix that you freeze overnight and then just rip off the top and drink this slushy version of a frozen Margarita, Strawberry Daiquiri, Rum Runner, Peach on The Beach, Bahama Mama or Pina Colada.  I discovered these drinks at the local dollar store where they sell for $2.00 a piece.  I have at least a dozen of them in the freezer just waiting for me to need a drinkable ice pack.  Up to this point I have been enjoying one each afternoon  while The Man enjoys his beer. They are MARVELOUS !!!!!

So as I stood there staring down into the freezer it seemed like a no brainer to use a drink pouch as an ice pack. They are about ten inches in length and about six inches wide.  When you first take them out of the freezer they are a solid block of frozen delishesness just waiting for you to smack them on a table or counter top to break up the block of ice they have become.  I figured if I just took the solid pouch, placed it on my leg it would do the same job as my poor melted ice pack. AND IT DID !!
The bonus being that when it had just about completely melted, (after about an hour) I had a wonderful alcoholic chilled drink to help relieve the pain that the ice pack didn't manage to get.

I consider myself a genius !!!  And at this rate if the pain doesn't get any better I really won't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment