Sunday, December 19, 2021

MAYBE ITS NOT OVER

 The Man and I just returned from our, "PLEASE GOD", last trip to Port Saint Lucie.  As we drove home I was thanking God for hearing my prayers and hopefully turning things around for me.  I think the incident at the gas station this morning may have gotten God's attention, FINALLY, but now I'm not so sure. I WILL be sure in one hour so I'll keep you posted. 

Back track to this morning when The Man and I packed up our miserable, aching bodies and left the house for our drive to Cousin LuLu's old house in order to clean out the last remaining crap.  The Man said he needed gas because yesterday he had tried to stop at a gas station to fill the tank but the pump kept telling him to go inside to the cashier.  Normally I pump the gas because The Man is tied to an oxygen hose all the time and it is difficult to get out, switch the oxygen hose from the front of the car to the back. Yesterday he went out to get his hair cut, being the smart man that he is he knew better than to ask me to take a pair of scissors in my hand to trim his hair.  When he came out of the barber he stopped at a local gas station and attempted to use his debit card.  It didn't work so he finally gave up and came home rather than having to unload oxygen to walk into the gas station store to see the cashier.  Today we pulled in to the same station, I got out and tried to use his card and got the same message to see the cashier.  I took the card in and after several tries they told me the card was declined.  It figures, just one more thing to go wrong.  I went back to the car, got out my credit card and proceeded to get the pump working to the point of telling me to, "remove the handle and choose the grade of gas I wanted".  I have done this a thousand times before but because my thumb, (the one I slammed in the car door on Friday), is now the size of a watermelon, I had difficulty grabbing the nozzle. When I did manage to get a hold of the slippery little sucker I turned with the nozzle in my hand in order to insert it into the cars tank when it suddenly started spraying gas on the side of the car and down my arm and leg. There was much cursing and swearing and yelling at God that I had had ENOUGH !!!  When I finally filled the tank I returned to the passenger side of the car, opened the door and asked The Man to PLEASE throw a lit match at me with the hope of going up in a blazing ball of flame.  I seriously wanted to die. 

I guess this was the point that God realized I was quite at the end of my rope and he better step in or I would be jumping off the Juno Beach pier.  We had a lovely ride north, got some coffee and a sandwich, got through the security gate at LuLu's old community, arrived at her house and got in to start the last gathering.  The neighbor next door came over and helped us load the last of the boxes into The Man's car and within an hour we were on our way back home.  We planned a stop to see my cousin and to drop off the stuff we had collected but when we got to the residence my cousin was not there.  I was told she had been talked into joining other residents on a trip to a wonderful restaurant for lunch and would be gone several hours.   HALLELUJAH   LORD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I am soooooooooo happy LuLu is joining in with her neighbors and hopefully settling in to a wonderful new life.

The Man and I made a quick get-a-way and arrived home tired and happy.  BUT . . . it couldn't possibly end on that happy note could it ?  Nooooooooo, there is just one more hurdle to overcome and with any luck I will dodge this last bullet.   As a Christmas gift we were sent some wonderful chocolates from my favorite chocolate shop in Michigan.  A lovely gift from The Man's brother and wife.  There were six large "turtles" in the box.  Chocolate covered Carmel and nuts which both The Man and I LOVE !!!  We ate a couple of them when they first arrived on Friday so they were sitting on the counter top when we got home today.  I changed into my comfy clothes, stopped in the kitchen to grab a "turtle" and headed out onto the lanai to write this blog.  As I bit into the candy I looked at the type of nut that was in this particular one and the realization that this could very well be a Macadamia nut turtle now has me waiting to see it I am going to be spending the remainder of the day throwing up.  I get violently sick when I eat Macadamia nuts and am usually very carful to make sure there are never any of these evil little nuts in things that I eat but I never even gave it a thought that one of these candies could have them in it.  So fat so good but I still have about a half hour until I know I'm in the clear.

Just when I thought we had made it out of Hell here is one last zinger to let me know life isn't perfect and I better watch my butt every second of every day.  And even then you are never sure you are good to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment