Friday, August 28, 2009

I'm Back

I have returned, survived, enjoyed my trip to NY. The "Girls" are fantastic and we had a great time doing absolutely nothing. Picture a Seinfeld episode crossed with The Golden Girls and you have my weekend in NY. We did go to the movies to see "Julia/Julie" and it was wonderful. We all came out of the movie hungry. I wanted to buy the cook book and start cooking. Jeanne and Sharon wanted me to start cooking so they could start eating. ( I told you we made a great team.) We rode over to Smiths Point to see the ocean waves caused by Hurricane Bill passing by out in the Atlantic. The beach itself was closed to the public which was a good thing since the waves were washing all the way up to the dunes and there was no beach. We also got to play with Jeanne's 2 grandsons, who are adorable. Tyler is 3 and Sal is 6 months. They are such a blessing. My first day in NY we got together with our friend Lynne who was in town from Ohio. We had dinner with her and her wonderful kids and 4 dogs. It was a circus with lots of laughs, good food and wine. And that pretty much sums up the entire weekend. All the time in between was spent talking. Thank you God for these wonderful women in my life !!
As for the actual flight to and from NY, the SOUTHWEST MIRACLE FLIGHTS were packed to the brim. I lucked out with window seats both ways so my trips were fairly comfortable. I also lucked out with skinny people occupying the middle seat. Any "overflow" into adjacent seats was MY overflow not some strangers. I do pity that poor slob in the center seat. That will teach them to forget to check in on line in a timely manner. The trip to NY was most entertaining thanks to the cabin crew. A very talented bunch of stewardesses did some stand up comedy routines and sang a couple of songs . . . IN TUNE ! I wonder if that is what caused the "miracles" to happen? Or is it that Southwest flies closer to Heaven than any other airline? What ever the reason every time I fly SW there are at least 5 people in wheel chairs boarding the flight and when the plane lands PRAISE THE LORD . . . Those 5 people jump up and RUN off the plane! It's Miraculous ! There are occasionally one or two of the original "handicapped" group who, for some reason, don't get healed. I guess they were sleeping when God visited the plane. That would be just my luck. I did sleep most of the flight home. Getting up at 7:30 and staying up till 2 really catches up to me. When I don't get my usual 12 hours sleep a night I'm one tired camper. And I'm not catching up on that sleep any time soon. I was home for 36 hours and then Ger and I were in the car driving to Atlanta to see Abby. I'm not getting a lot of sleep here either but that is another blog in the making . . . I"ll be back one of these days soon. Till then . . . Remember
"GOD LOVES YOU"

No comments:

Post a Comment