Thursday, August 20, 2009

Travel

I'm outa here ! My bags (both of them) are packed and sitting by the front door. My flight is at 4 and I'm winging my way to NY to spend some time with my best buddies, Sharon & Jeanne. They haven't figured out yet that Florida is the place to live. But then, they both have grand kids in NY so I know they won't be leaving there any time soon. So I am taking advantage of the fantastic prices on Southwest to take a long weekend with "the girls". I must take a moment to note that I think the president of Southwest Airlines should be running our country. This airline is "no frills" but also the friendliest, cleanest and cheapest airline I have ever flown. (and we have flown on quite a few) It makes me nuts when I'm at the airport waiting to board and the inevitable complainer is mouthing off at full volume about having to stand in line, not having an assigned seat, blagh, blagh. blagh. I just want to slap them. If you want an assigned seat fly some other airline. Of course you'll have to pay an extra $20 for YOUR seat on the isle or by the window or with extra leg room. (middle seats are no extra cost) And then you can pay another extra $20 for each of your bags PLUS $2 a bag to check in at curbside. And when you get to the gate you can wait the extra 2 hours for your flight that has been delayed ! (Southwest is almost always ON TIME if not early. I have never flown on time on Delta . . . NEVER)
And when you get on a Southwest plane you will probably be entertained by a singing steward or stewardess, some corny jokes. and some just plain nice crew members. And don't forget the FREE snack and coffee, tea. juice or soda. Not only does Southwest treat you super they also give you a FREE FLIGHT anywhere they fly after you make a certain number of round trips with them. AND get free alcoholic drink coupons.
Now come on folks, what are you complaining about ?? Either get with the program or dig out your wallet but for heavens sake . . . Stop moaning about you're treated like cattle. Have you looked in the mirror lately? There isn't a cow alive who would wear that outfit !

2 comments:

  1. Have a great getaway. I'm sure we won't read about it here - since in an earlier email you wrote that no camera, no photos - what happens on LI stays on LI! Travel safely - hope the hurricanes all steer clear and you have marvelous weather - though NY has been feeling more like FL lately - very HHH.
    I enjoyed this blog - I'll be watching this spot regularly for updates.
    AFM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah ha ha ha! I love it! There isn't a cow alive who would wear that outfit. You're hilarious!

    We'll miss you :)

    ReplyDelete