Thursday, May 13, 2010

I HATE DELL COMPUTERS

I am about to rant and rave for a few minutes so if you don't want to listen just hit delete for today.
A year and 2 (TWO) months ago I bought a Dell laptop on line. I should have known better. It was a pop-up ad that offered a basic laptop for $500, shipping included.
At the time my desk top was still working but getting slower and slower and showing signs of aging. I figured I'd spend the $500, get the lap top and have a back up plan should anything happen to the "Beast" that sat on my desk.
(Side note: my oldest son and his wife a Dell users for years and swear by their products so I figured this was a safe bet.) Since the lap top was to be my "extra" computer I didn't bother with extended warantes. (Funny thing, same son who is a Dell user works for a company who writes insurance on extended warantes. Kyle often tells us NOT to get the extended warante because they are just money makers for the companies who are selling the products.)
As fate would have it my desk top drashed about a month after I received the lap top. Luckily I had put all my "important" info into the the laptop and so I was free and clear. Lucky, lucky me. I went merrily along for the next year thinking I would work with this little laptop for a few years, save up some bucks and invest in an Apple. The little "Beast" had other plans. But my angels do watch over me, even in the world of technology. Husband and I are traveling to England for 2 months (another blog, another time) and I thought I would get a "Notebook" to take with me for paying bills and checking email. A VERY NICE young man at BEST BUY talked with me and recomended an ASUS notebook that even has a built in camera so I can Skype with the family back in the states. The day after I bought the note book I turned on the PIECE OF SHIT DELL and it gave me the message that my hard drive was about to crash. "BACK UP YOUR FILES !" it screamed at me. Holy Shit Btman . . . what the hell is gong on here ? It must be kidding. But just to be safe I did "try" to download my junk onto a flash drive. ( I have no idea if that worked or not.) Next thing I knew the screen went blank and that was that! I took the little "Beast" to BEST BUY where they were VERY KIND AND HELPFUL to this pissed off Senior Citizen. They told me that sure enough the piece of shit had died. The consensus of oppinion was, "IT HAPPENS". And of course the warantee had ended 2 months ago! If it is going to cost over $300 to fix a computer that I only paid $500 for it just doesn't make sense to me.
NOW FOR THE SHITS AND GIGGLES PART . . . I figured "What the hell" let me give Dell a shot at it and see what they can do. I called the 800# and after five minutes of listening to muzak and requests to push #1 for English, #2 for a tech, # 3 punch in the 56 didget safety code on the inside of your computer . . .I got INDIA . . . I am now speaking to a woman who I cann't understand to save my life. Bottom line if I PAID I could speak to a tech and they would tell me what to do. They want me to pay to TALK to someone who will tell me the computer is dead. I KNOW WHAT I CAN DO . . . THROW THE PIECE OS CRAP OUT AND KEEP SAVING FOR THAT APPLE COMPUTER. And tell all my friends to NEVER . . . NEVER. . . EVER BUY A DELL ANYTHING !

1 comment: