Friday, May 28, 2010

A Tough Day

Husband had a very tough day today . . . He got his hair cut ! That's it, he got his hair cut. Nothing more, nothing strenuous, just driving from here about a quarter of a mile, parking the car, walking into the hair cuttery and sitting while someone else does all the work. Have I mentioned that husband is VERY good at that? The sitting while someone else does all the work ? I guess he is exhausted because each time I came home or passed through the den, Husband is sitting in his recliner in front of the TV.
Normally I just take this for granted. Sitting in front of the TV is good because it means he is not annoying me. But we are leaving next week for 2 months in England and there are many extra things to get done, never mind the usual things that keep needing attention. (Laundry, dishes, etc.) I have been getting myself into a state of frenzy and keep telling myself that we have time, everything will get done. But Husband just put me over the top so I had to vent.
I have been running around since 10:30 this morning and came out to check on my mail and sit for a afew minutes. I had told Ger that we would eat dinner around 5:30. At FIVE O'CLOCK on the nose the door to the garage, (alias "Command Central") opened and there stood husband. His question was, "WE are going to eat early, right?". I calmly said yes, we would be eating around 5:30. (Did I not mention that earlier?). Husband left and I finished up what I was working on. When I went into the kitchen 5 minute later there sat TWO (2) plates on the counter, just waiting to be filled with food. The dishwasher remains full with clean plates that need to be put away but Husband had gone to the cabinet, taken out 2 plates and placed them on the counter for me. I took one look at them and have returned to the garage to blog !
Am I crazy or is this man insane ?

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy! I dont even want to touch this one. I'm sorry :(

    ReplyDelete