Sunday, May 30, 2010

Leaving Town

You may not be hearing from me for a while. We are about to depart for England to see Abby, our 5 year old grand daughter. We will be away for the next 2 months so I don't know how much time I will have to devote to this blog.
Normally I wouldn't mention leaving town for fear of someone braking into our empty house but considering the fact that I have packed everything it is not a concern. We have very little here to steal on a normal day. No big screen TV, no fancy electronics, no expensive jewelry, no masterpieces hanging on the walls. We are talking about two OLD folk who are not living in the 21st century yet. My basic cell phone and computer are coming with me. (Don't have an i Pod, i Phone, or i Pad) The ancient TV is so old it is one step up from black and white. Our cameras are packed and coming with us, we have no DVD or DVR, just an ancient VCR. Forget jewelry, I have lost the 2 "good" pieces of jewelry that husband gave me and the rest of the clutter in the jewelry box comes from Target or TJ Max. We joke that if someone ever broke into our house they would probably leave something.
But then we also have our top notch security patrolling our community and the deaf and almost blind watch dog that lives next door.
All things considered I don't have a worry in the world that the house will be fine for 2 months on it own. Unless a hurricane hits! We have entered hurricane season in South Florida and they are predicting a BIG season for storms. I am glad on that account to be going to England. We have taken in all the furniture from outside and piled it on the patio. (That is an added deterrent to thieves . . . they would have to climb over lounge chairs and picnic tables to get into the house).
Other than all that, my fingers are crossed and I'm putting myself in Gods Hands for the next couple of months.
Have a great summer and I'll be talking to you from across the pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment