Thursday, December 2, 2010

RELAX !

Husband just walked out the door and the word "RELAX" was his parting word to me. ( This was said to me as I had been running around collecting all the things that he needed to take with him on his trip to the dentist and post office.) As the door shut my BP dropped 20 points, my shoulders relaxed and the tension in my neck fell away. Not because he told me to relax but because he went out the door for hopefully 2 hours.
Husband and I have been doing very well. I have been trying very hard to change my behavior and attitudes toward the man I have been married to for 41 years. And it is working ! We are laughing a lot more and doing more things together but every so often it is healing to have some alone time IN THE HOUSE. That seems to be the major complaint of most women. "I just want some time to myself AT HOME to do what I want to do." This is not a criticism of husband, it is just a need that we women have to putter, sing, sit, and think without the TV on in the back ground. We need some uninterrupted time where we don't have to stop what we are doing to find husband's glasses, make husband's lunch or "Come see THIS!" on the TV.
THE QUIET !  I love the quiet ! I can THINK ! I can hear the washer running, the pool pump is soothing, the hum of the air filter. AHHHHHHHHH !  It is so soothing I want to just lie down and enjoy the peace and quiet but it is also such treasured time that I can get so much done. So my blood pressure will rise and my neck and shoulders will tense and I will be a lunatic by the time husband comes home because I didn't get anything done.
Poor Husband, He just can't win !

No comments:

Post a Comment