Monday, May 13, 2013

ANGER MANAGEMENT

I just spent the last half hour KICKING SOME BUTT !  Well, more like kicking some water.
It has been a VERY frustrating morning with Husband. (NO wonder I sleep 12 hours a night!)  I got up to find H missing. The TV was on, Fox News was blaring but Husband was missing.  I went looking and found him in the bathroom. It seems that some one has been plugged up for THREE days and has done NOTHING about it. (Deep breath's Cath, deep breaths!)  We have a doctor appointment at 3:00. It is now noon and H has sat around since 9 doing nothing. I suggested taking some action but he didn't want to because we were going out at 3. (Really deep breaths, Cath. Really deep breaths!)

Bottom line Husband did listen to my suggestions and within an hour all is back to normal. All except my blood pressure, head ache and ulcer.  As I begged GOD to please, please help me to be strong and not kill this man I am living with a thought popped into my head. "EXERCISE!"  Now if you know me this is the LAST thing in Heaven or on Earth that I am going to think of. But there it was, "EXERCISE".

I am a firm believer in THE HOLY SPIRIT and pray to the Spirit many many times a day.  God gets my attention in the morning and at night but during the day it is always the Holy Spirit that I turn to when I need calming, strength and peace. I will sometimes send my Guardian Angel to the Holy Spirit with a message but more often than not it is a direct cry for help to the Holy Spirit.   Years ago I discovered this amazing ability to actually feel calm and serenity pour over me. As you might imagine I use this power many times a day. So today when the thought of exercise entered my head I went with it. I put on my bathing suit and headed for our pool. Water 79 degrees was perfect for what I had in mind. I punched the hell out of that pool. A couple of thousand gallons of water is the perfect medium to release some anger and frustration.  Kicking, punching and some under water screaming really did save Husbands life today.

Thanks for the idea HS.  I will be sure to use this more often now that you have put the idea in my head. And who knows, it may even loosen up some of those knots in my back and knock off a pound or two.

It's a win win !

No comments:

Post a Comment