Saturday, May 11, 2013

THE PRAYER ROOM

Every home has one.  In fact you may have several in your home. My prayer room may look a lot like the bathroom but it is in fact the room that I go to in order to pray.  More likely than not I am calmly walking into the bathroom, slowly shutting the door, turning on the exhaust fan and then screaming, "GOD HELP ME!".  This often happens several times a day and Ger thinks because I am going to the bathroom so often that I need to see a urologist. When in fact I just need a divorce!

The prayer room is a necessary spot where I can go to be ALONE. And it is a place that I can count on not being interrupted. It also affords me the privacy to talk to GOD without being overheard because it is the only room in the house with a loud exhaust fan. I can talk to God in my head and that is  my usual way of discussing things with THE BIG GUY but there are times when I need to have a chat with my Guardian Angel and in case you didn't know, those have to be discussed out loud.  Guardian Angels cannot hear your thoughts so you must speak out loud to talk to them. So far my angel has never responded in words but I know he/she is there and sometimes I just need to vent. And so off to the WC I go, on goes the fan and the conversation usually goes something like this:

Me:  "Maggs?  Are you there?"   (I named my angel Maggs the Magnificant)
Me:   "Well, here I am again, pissing and moaning about this man I live with. He is driving me NUTS! What does God expect of me? I am far from being a saint and sure as hell am never going to be a saint as long as I have to put up with this crap. I really don't want to burn in Hell for eternity but honestly, I can't take this much longer. "
From this point I launch into the event of the day, which my angel is fully aware of but it really does help to re hash it a few times over. Today's incidence was when Ger told me he couldn't soak his back because the bandage was still on the boil. When I asked why he didn't take the bandage off he told me he couldn't SEE it to get it off. "Have you never thought of looking in the mirror?" I asked. Husband's response . . . . (seriously, this is what he said!) . . . " I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT."

I was in the bathroom for an hour today . . .  

No comments:

Post a Comment