Wednesday, August 19, 2020

WARNING !!!!!! DREAMING MAY BE HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH !

 We live in an age of "Disclaimers" and warnings . . .   "Contents of cup may be hot",  "Swim at your own risk", and my personal favorite . . . "Do not stop on tracks".    I have said before and I will say it again, if you are THAT STUPID that you don't realize the hot coffee you just ordered is HOT or that if you stop on the rail road tracks. you may very likely get killed by a train then you don't deserve to be alive.   We are raising a nation of idiots that must be told everything and never be expected to use one ounce of common sense.  

That being said I do feel the need to post this warning about dreams.  

I have always dreamt . . . no matter if I am taking a half hour nap or sleeping twelve hours at night I will be dreaming the entire time.  My dreams are usually very entertaining and often seem very real.  As as child I had reoccurring dreams about a witch that lived in my parents bedroom at the top of the stairs.  I haven't dreamt of her in years.  Often I will dream of places that I have never been to in real life but I will visit them every year or so in my dreams.  I have no idea if these places are real or not.  Maybe they are from a previous life ?  I'll have to ask Shirley MacLaine about that.   And in case. you are wondering I dream in color.

All that being said . . . along with dreaming I talk in my sleep.  Alway have, apparently always will.  One of my most notable dream chats was when I was a freshman in college and my two roommates were up late studying. Since I never studied, (and almost flunked out that first year), I had gone to sleep earlier and although I have no idea WHAT I was dreaming about I still vividly remember coming awake telling my highly amused roommates, "There is grass in the rosary".  I never did live that one down and probably to this day if I were to meet these two women they would STILL remind me of that conversation.  

As the years have gone by I don't think I talk in my sleep much any more, at least The Man has not mentioned it if I do but instead I have developed an entirely new sleep issue.  I scream in my sleep. I will be dreaming that I am chasing someone and I want them to stop or I am shouting to make someone go away and I will SCREAM!  And I do mean scream, out loud, top of my voice and not only scare the bejebbers out of The Man but wake myself up.  Last night I did this TWICE !  The first time it was more of a little yell and I remember The Man reaching over and shaking me which really isn't necessary because as I have said, the shout always wakes me up. I remember muttering sorry, rolling over and going back to sleep. Within the hour I was dreaming again and this time the dream must have been disturbing enough that I was semi awake when I let out a blood curdling scream. The Man almost flew out of the bed and rather than the gentle nudge that I usually get he gave me a push to not only wake me up but to let me know I would be sleeping in the garage if I kept it up.  

As I lay there trying my damndest to suppress my giggles I really felt bad for the guy. I mean not only does he have severe COPD  he also has a heart that is only working at half its function. Waking him from a dead sleep with blood curdling screams can not be good for a healthy persons heart no less this poor guy who has a heart monitor/defibrillator implanted in his chest. The thought that I could cause The Man to have a heart attack immediately crossed my mind but then I remembered he did have this device in him so I really couldn't kill him. At least I hope not. 

I guess I will have to do some research to find out the cause of my yelling but until then I'll buy The Man some ear plugs.  


No comments:

Post a Comment