Thursday, April 1, 2021

ARE YOU N U T S. ???? !!!!!!

 WING  NUTS . . . .  That is what got me blogging today.  Lord help me but there are times, (many many times), that I just have to wonder just WHAT the Hell I am doing here.  

OK . . . starting from the beginning,  a couple of days ago I am having trouble sleeping. Waking up at 3AM with my brain racing from one thing to another and all hope of sleep shattered.  I get up for a couple of hours, putter around the house doing quiet things and then finally falling back into bed for another couple of hours sleep.  Not a good idea for someone like me who requires at least twenty hours sleep a night or I turn into the Beast from Hell.  

Once I morph into my Beast persona you REALLY do NOT want to be in the same house as me so The Man has been challenged to refrain from digging out his pistol and putting me and him out of my misery.  In my Beast stage I have zero sense of humor and zero patience with anyone and everyone.  It has been a rough week for all inhabitants of this house.  Being in this state of mind I purposely do not blog. NO one needs to be subjected to that language.

THANKFULLY . . . I have a stash of drugs for just such sleep challenged occasions.  (I"m not talking anything illegal, just an Ambien for those times when I am desperate.). The Tylenol PM just wasn't doing anything for me so last night I resorted to the "good stuff" and fell asleep at 11:00 PM and didn't wake up once until 8:30 this morning.  I feel GREAT !!  Amazing what a good night's sleep can do.

I mention all this because if I had not gotten such a good night's sleep last night there is a VERY good possibility that The Man would be dead. 

We had a good morning, got a bunch of doctor appointments cancelled, took care of some other on line business without throwing the computer out the window and even made some plans to see Kyle and Bridget in May on our way back to Michigan. The Man was working with me, probably because after the past three days he was still walking on egg shells for fear of setting me off. Knowing I will see my girl Abby will make the return to MI and leaving the FL grand kids just a little easier.  

After all our "business" was taken care of The Man and I headed out to his car to return something to Amazon over at our local Kohls.  We have not had an adventure, (if this can be considered adventure), in quite some time so once The Man got into the car his brain started working.  As we are pulling out of our parking lot The Man decided we need to go to the tire store to get air in the car tires. Normally if I need air in my tires I go to the gas station and do it myself but even this small task is too much for The Man. He actually did consider this option because I could put the air in the tires for him until he realized you have to pay for air.  That was good for a ten minute rant about paying for air. I totally agree it is stupid. And so off we drove to the tire store where he bought his tires.  Naturally I had to get out of the car to ask the guy to stop what he was doing to fill our tires with air.  I HATE having to do things like this but the guy was real nice and I gave him a tip.

As we pull out of the tire store The Man now decides we NEED to go to an auto supply store because he needs TWO wing nuts for the battery on the RV.  The RV is in Michigan.  We will not be doing anything with the RV for at least a month or two. But we NEED wing nuts TODAY !!!!  

OK, I get it. There are plenty of times when I get something in my head and I want to do it NOW. So I figured, "What the Hey", I will go into the automotive store and get The Man some wing nuts.  Just to clarify, I HATE any store that is geared to men.  Car mechanics, automotive stores, hardware stores . . . they are all the same because they ALWAYS talk down to women because we do not know what the hell we are doing and they know it.  But for The Man I can suck it up and do this.  As I am getting out of the car at the FIRST auto parts store The Man says, "I only need TWO wing nuts so don't get a package of any more than that!"  Now you and I know full well there is NOT going to be a package of two freaking wing nuts but that's what The Man wants so off I go.  

The Gods were kind to me today . . . as I walked into the store there was a woman behind the counter and she asked me what I was looking for.  She told me they probably didn't have JUST wing nuts but we walked to the back of the store to check. Sure enough, no wing nuts. I could buy a whole kit for changing the battery connections but not just the wing nuts.  She suggested I try a hardware store which was EXACTLY what I was thinking when The Man brought this whole Wing Nut issue up in the first place. I returned to the car and passed the message on to The Man who had decided that we HAD to go to an automotive store, not a hardware store.  AND we HAD to get the wing nuts TODAY !

At automotive store #2 I was told the exact thing after taking a walk all the way to the back of the store with the nice man behind the counter.  "Go to a hardware store".  Once again I returned to the car with the message and once again The Man decided only an automotive store would have what he needed.  It was now an hour after leaving the house and I still had not gotten to Kohles so I doubled down on my stubborn streak and reminded The Man that we did not need these wing nuts until we got to Michigan in a month so it REALLY COULD WAIT !  I think it was at this point that he remembered just who he was dealing with here and if not careful his life could be in danger.  

We went to Kohles . . .  

AND . . .  To reward me for not killing The Man today or any day this past week the Gods gave me a gift. On my way to the back of Kohles I passed a lovely cream colored blazer hanging on a sale rack. It caught my eye so I decided I would check it out on my way back out to the car.  Retuning Amazon items at Kohles is awesome because not only is it super easy but you get a 25% off coupon for anything in the store for the next couple of days.  BINGO !!  I stopped at the blazer that had a $60 price tag on it.  The sale sticker said it was reduced to $18 !!!!!  I tried it on, it looked fabulous and with my 25% off coupon I am now the very happy owner of a beautiful cream blazer that I purchased for $14 !!!!!!!

Just think, if I had killed The Man I would have been in jail and missed out on this great sale.  

No comments:

Post a Comment