Friday, August 13, 2010

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU PRAY FOR

Grandma is suffering from a severe case of GF. (Grandma fatigue) It is a condition that attacks when grandma's don't get to see their grand children every day so when we do see them we have to spend every waking minute with them so we don't miss a thing.
Kaelin is leaving tomorrow and grandma has mixed emotions. There is the HUGE part of me that says, "NO NO, don't leave! I will miss you too much!" And there is the guilty part of me that is moaning, "Oh God, please give me a day of peace and quiet." Today was the last full day that Keri and Kaelin would be here with us so I really didn't want to waste a single minute. Grandpa had decided that he wanted to take Keri out for breakfast at her favorite diner. The fact that Kaelin didn't nap yesterday, had a lousy nights sleep dreaming and talking in her sleep, and woke up earlier than usual would not deter grandpa from his plan. I wasn't letting them all go out without me so off we all went to breakfast at 9 AM. Kaelin having finished her bowl of cereal a half hour earlier really wasn't hungry but she was super cranky so she got to go out in her night gown. We were a strange looking group but breakfast was yummy and fun. From there we went to check out my cousin's condo and Kyle's condo. Then it was home to let out the dog next door and take it for a walk. (We are dog sitting for the next 3 weeks. How do I get myself into these things?) Because we were picking up Bridget and kids I had to get to the grocery store and back before 1 O'clock when we would need to leave for the airport. I returned home with my shopping items at 12:50, covered in sweat and bordering on a total and complete melt down. I went into the laundry room to throw things in the dryer and begged God to give me the strength to hang on just a bit longer.
Then the phone rang . . . It was Bridget saying their flight had returned to the terminal due to a problem with the plane and they would be delayed at least an hour.
I have to stop and think . . . DID I DO THAT ? It is just a little too strange not to make you wonder. But I did not dwell on it at all. Instead I said a very sincere "THANK YOU!" to God and went in to change, cool down and relax for an hour.
I will tell Bridget tomorrow that I may have caused her delay, and apologize for making her deal with the 2 kids an extra two hours. They did arrive safe and sound, grandma was in a much better frame of mind, Kaelin and Keri got to nap and we all had a great afternoon in the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment