Wednesday, August 18, 2010

HURRICANE LEAVES SOUTH FLORIDA


Yesterday, the first major hurricane of the season left South Florida. The storm has been whirling about for about 3 weeks now hitting various towns in the area. It did some minor damage at the Palm Beach Zoo and Lion Country Safari. The poor turtles at Loggerhead Turtle Rescue will never be the same. On Friday of last week the storm tripled in strength but then weakened by a third on Saturday. After causing major destruction in the area of my living room, kitchen, pool and garage it finally disappeared completely at 5:37 yesterday afternoon on a Delta flight to Atlanta.
Hurricane "Family" was welcomed here for its entertainment these past weeks but today was spent cleaning up the aftermath. It took 2 cleaning women two and a half hours to clean the inside of the house after Cath & Ger had spent 6 hours "putting away" all that was left from the storm. There still remains many loads of laundry and a garage and patio to "shovel" out.
If you should see any of the above "tornado's" that made up the hurricane be sure to duck and run as fast as you can. They are my grand kids and I want to keep them all to myself !
It is awfully quiet here tonight. Even the dog we are taking care of for 3 weeks is asleep on the floor. I think the invasion of grand kids has given the dog a permanent twitch. (It sort of matches mine.) We loved having Kaelin and Abby and Roman here but now it is time for Grandma and Grandpa to rest. Tomorrow Ger goes for his yearly physical and he expects the doctor to prescribe tranquilizers. Ger will probably use them on me.
The plan for tomorrow is . . . feed the dog and let it out to pee around 7:30AM. Crawl back in bed and lock the dog out of the bedroom so I can sleep till I can't sleep any more. And then I will sleep some more. I'll then get up for some dinner, crawl back into bed and watch a movie and then go to sleep for the night. I'll let you know how it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment