Monday, August 2, 2010

Kaelin



I'm on the grandma merry go round and loving every minute of it. Back from England after our visit with Abby, new baby Smith arriving last week and now Kaelin and her mom and dad are here with us. You know how when you travel you wake up in the middle of the night to pee and can't remember where you are and where the bathroom is? (This statement is meant for all my friends over 60, not you young kids!) Well I am finding that I am waking up in the morning wondering which of my grand kids is tickling me. (This is a favorite game in our family called,"Wake UP Grandma!" They bless me with letting me sleep in but then I have to pay the price of tickles from a little person. Can't think of a better way to wake up.)
So Kaelin and family arrived yesterday and we had a wonderful afternoon playing with all the toys and swimming in the back yard pool. It was HOT and the pool water was a soothing 92 degrees. (life is tough). Kaelin had her sandbox/pool to play in when she tired of the "big" pool and then discovered the spa part of the pool where she could stand on the step and play. Because the pool was such a hit yesterday we decided that today we would go to the Palm Beach Gardens Community recreation complex. We have looked at it many times but have never gone over to check it out, not having little people to entertain. Unlike our Windsor experience with the recreation center this pool complex is outside and has 3 pool areas. (We didn't check out what was inside the complex but it looked like it had just about everything.) There is a lap pool, a swimming pool with 2 twisty enclosed slides and the kiddie area. Keri and Steve checked out the slides but they made Steve dizzy so they didn't stay over there too long. Kaelin, Grandpa and I spent our time in the kid area having a great time. We are all working on getting Kaelin ready to swim by putting her face in the water and today was a perfect opportunity to practice. She jumped, ran, "swam" and had a fantastic time. Tonight when we were putting her to bed she was exhausted and grandma knows exactly how she felt. So good night and happy dreams to all. I'm going to bed to dream of these little people that God has blessed me with. I sure hope I remember which one I'll wake up to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment