Saturday, August 14, 2010

I KID YOU NOT

Husband lost me in Chick-fil-A today.
We took Kaelin and Keri to the airport today to return them home to MD. I hated to see them go! The past 2 weeks have been filled with joy and laughter that only a daughter and grand daughter can bring into my life. This morning Kaelin was up at 6:15 AM after a terrible nights sleep. She seems to have caught her daddy's cold and spent a lousy night coughing and snuffling. And even with all that the poor little thing was full of smiles and hugs. But it was time for them to go home so husband and I drove them to the airport and sent them off with love and kisses.
Once I stopped crying husband and I decided to stop at Chick-fil-A for lunch before meeting up with Bridget, Abby and Roman at the Palm Beach Gardens recreation complex. It being lunch time the place was fairly busy but not Grand Central Station at rush hour or Times Square on New Years Eve. There were empty booths and only a few people at the counter. The store is average size, counter on one wall, booths on the other 3 and a few tables in the center. A play ground off to one side and bathrooms off of another side. There are very few places to get lost in and yet the man managed to loose me. We both went to the counter and ordered our lunches and husband then TOLD me to get a booth and he would bring the food. I GOT A BOOTH. I SAT IN THE BOOTH. I WAITED IN THE BOOTH ! Knowing how crazed husband can get and how he likes to sit and face the center of the store so he can watch everyone, (rather than talk to me) I sat in a booth with my back to the center of the store. And I sat, and I sat, and I sat. After a while I decided they could have hatched the chicken and waited for it to grow for all the time it was taking to fill our order so I stood up and looked around the store to see what was keeping husband. And there he sat . . . 2 booths away from me on the other side of the aisle, FINISHING HIS SANDWICH ! He had walked away from the counter and "COULD NOT FIND" ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Being so very petite at 200 pounds I do tend to blend into the woodwork.) A BLIND IDIOT, on crutches could have found me, yet husband could not because I was not facing him, waving both arms over my head while yelling. "GER, GER, . . . HERE GER, . . . I AM OVER HERE! SITTING IN A BOOTH LIKE YOU ASKED ME TO!" H.F.S. !! (Holy Freaking S--t!) His comment to me, (with his mouth full of the last bite of his sandwich) . . ."I couldn't find you. I thought you went to the bathroom or something." I KNOW BETTER! As if I would ever go pee when I am supposed to be SITTING IN A BOOTH !
I make husband sound like a beast. He isn't ! He is just a man who has his head up his ass and can't see his hand in front of his face. And so he "looses me" periodically. . . . In our "massive 2 bedroom home, in the back yard, (when I am IN the pool he cannot find me because I am no longer at eye level), and any number of other places that are the size of a bread box. The thing that I CAN NOT figure out is WHY I keep letting him know where I am. If I think about it, this is the perfect opportunity to escape from this insanity. I have tried all sorts of ways to loose husband and none of them have ever worked. Next time he looses me I think I will just stay lost and slip off into the sunset, NEVER TO BE FOUND AGAIN !
P.S. I don't recommend cold Chick-fil-A sandwiches . . . by the time I found husband my sandwich was colder than the melted strawberry shake.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should've dressed like a cow - wore a sign that said "EAT MOR CHIKIN" -
    then just MOO until he found you.
    JK

    ReplyDelete