Wednesday, August 25, 2010

HUH ?

Once again I am stumped to make sense out of something that Husband said to me. Please let me know if this makes any sense to you because I am really starting to question my sanity.
This morning I opened one eye to check the clock because Jan the Bug Man was coming some time between 10:30 & 11:00 to rid our home of all the pesky things that love to live in Florida. (This does NOT including snow birds or tourists) Jan shows up once a month and walks around the inside walls of our home, squirting as he keeps up a running conversation. (He is spraying some mysterious chemical that I'd rather not know the composition of. All I know is that my house does NOT have bugs. AMEN !)
When Jan tells us he will be here between 10:30 & 11 you can almost bet he will be here by 11:30 so I wasn't in any panic to get my bones out of the bed. But then I got thinking of all I wanted to get done today so I rolled on out to start my day. I was puttering around the bed room when Husband came through the bedroom door way only to stop dead in his tracks with a bewildered look on his face. He looked at me and said, "Oh, you're up. I was coming in to wake you to ask if you wanted to keep sleeping." Let me point out the key part of this sentence
"I WAS COMING IN TO WAKE YOU TO ASK IF YOU WANTED TO KEEP SLEEPING . "
Does anyone else out there get the insanity of that statement ? I get what he was asking but it still just doesn't quite make a hell of a lot of sense to me. Either let me freaking sleep in peace and quiet or, if you think I am not capable of making rational decisions about when to get up, come in and wake me. But waking me to ask if I want to sleep is just plain STUPID !
I am not kidding you folks. I live with this man and day after day I shake my head and wonder if I am hearing right, thinking rationally or just plain nuts. I need some validation folks.
AM I CRAZY ? ( I really think I should have asked some one that question about 41 years ago when I decided to marry the man.)

No comments:

Post a Comment