Wednesday, May 18, 2011

H.R. PUFNSTUF

Do you remember the TV show from the early 70's called H.R. Pufnstuf?  I can't remember exactly what it was about except that the main character was a large, fluffy creature named . . .
you got it . . . H.R. Pufnstuf. I don't know why this show should stick in my head . . .  my kids weren't even born yet so I wasn't watching it with them . . .  I guess I knew of it because I was teaching Kindergarten at the time and had to be current on what the little people were watching.  ANYWAY . . . .
Today it came to me that I am now living with G. J. Huff-N-Puff. If I had a dollar for every "HUFF" and "PUFF" and grunt and groan directed at me over the past 40 years I would be a millionaire.  Add to that a dollar for every time I asked God to "GIVE ME STRENGTH AND PATIENCE" I could cure the national debt!
For some reason Husband seems to feel it is too much of an effort to actually SPEAK to me so instead he makes noises. Most often those noises are in the form of a HUFF. Sort of like a HARRUMPH !  It is like a cross between a groan, a huff and a grunt. What ever it is, it drive me nuts.  Which, I am sure, is exactly why Husband does it ! I really don't think it is a very nice way to treat someone.
Lately Husband has been huffing and puffing a bit more than usual. I'm not really sure of the cause. I honestly do try not to aggravate him on purpose but I am thinking that lately just my mere presence is annoying him. I understand how my trying to vacuum while he is watching TV could be annoying but I have to clean some time. And then there are the times in the car that I clutch for the dash board while screaming, "WE'RE GOING TO DIE!". I suppose that could upset him.
 Maybe he just needs to get more sleep. I'll try not to turn on ALL the lights tonight when I come to bed at 2 AM.    

No comments:

Post a Comment