Friday, May 20, 2011

I HAVE A HEADACHE

I was up at 7:30 this morning and that alone could destroy me for the day. I woke up because I promised Husband I would get up this morning to take the dog for a walk.  WE don't own a dog, we are dog sitting the Mookster. She is a nine year old beauty, part chow and part who knows what. She is a good girl and I love her but I sure wish she didn't have to pee so early. (Although I totally understand that we women of a certain age do need to make more potty stops than when we were young.) Mookie is named after Mookie Wilson of the 1980's N.Y. Mets.  Our son, Kent, LOVES the Mets so when he got Mookie back in Baltimore soon after college graduation, there was no contest for the dog's name.  (We were delighted that Kent did NOT name his child after a Met player or we might have had a "Daryl Strawberry" for a grand son.)
So my morning started early and it has been dragging down hill ever since. It was HOT at 8AM when we went for our walk and there was quite a bit of humidity for this time of the year. The good thing was we did not meet any other dogs as we walked, only 3 golf carts. Mookie has a problem with other dogs AND golf carts. She goes NUTS !  I do mean NUTS ! She barks, pulls, nearly chokes herself to death. She acts like she wants to tear the intruders to pieces. (Possible with another dog but not so much with a golfcart.) She gets over it rather quickly so we had a nice long walk before heading home to get some breakfast.  There was one momentary stop to attack a palm tree but the tree won so we made it home in one piece. (Mookie attacked the tree, not me.)
Once at home Mookie and I ended up in the back yard playing ball. This is dogs favorite pass time, where ever she happens to be, but playing ball at Grandma's is the best because I am stupid enough to go out and play with the dog for hours at a time. The past 3 days Mookie has not been able to get out because we were having pavers put down around the new pool. The 3 guys working were very good with Mookie but she kept wanting them to play so we tried to keep her in the house. Now that the work is done she is free to roam the yard whenever she wants.
By 10:30 I still hadn't gotten to breakfast and the headache was beginning to brew. That was when Husband arrived home and set my head into "Slammin"  mode ! Husband had been out running errands and when he comes home he has missed me sooooooooooooo  much that he needs to follow me around and TALK TALK TALK.  By 11:30 I was ready to drown myself to get some peace and quiet. Instead I took my "AS NEEDED" Happy Pill and escaped to the shower, where I found a dog with a ball in her mouth. To escape the dog I suggested to Husband that he and I go out for lunch. Not a bad idea until Husband got lost going to a place that we go to at least twice a week. He was totally confused as to what direction he needed to go.  Should I be worrying about this man?  I'm telling you, he is loosing it.
He was so focused on arguing with me about who said what in our last conversation that he totally forgot where he was and where he was going. Actually this is nothing new. He was doing this way back in the 70's when we were first married.  And yet I had 3 children with the man and am still here after all these years.
But I do get a lot of headaches !

No comments:

Post a Comment