Thursday, May 5, 2011

A RAINY DAY IN FLORIDA

I LOVE RAINY DAYS !   They fire me up and get me motivated.  Most of my friends sleep on rainy days but I am just the opposite. Today I woke up ready to organize family photos !             AGHHHHHHHHHHHHH !
Digital cameras are wonderful!    Snap . . . down load or delete . . . end of story.
Not Me!  I snap, snap, snap, . . .down load to the computer, . . .  edit the pictures, . . . upload to Shutterfly, . . . rearrange them,  . . . give the pictures captions and send them on to my friends.  My friends then hit the delete button and curse me for sending more pictures than anyone ever wants to see.  THEN . . . I return to the pictures and choose which ones I want to print out for my various albums.  I have a journal for each child that I have kept since their birth. The journals include pictures.  I have a photo album for each child that covers all the times we have been together since their birth and any other momentous occasions in their lives. And last, but not least, I have an album for myself of all the grand kids and the adventures we have had together.
(There are also several, well a few more than several, frames of grand kid pictures all over the house. Ger says he will have to build another room just for my pictures.) But when the kids are far away it is such a joy to see these happy little faces all around me and that's what it's all about.
Anyway . . .  It was raining today. We haven't had rain in months and need it desperately so everyone was more or less happy to get a rainy day.  I actually got up early, (9:00AM is early for me), and got moving right after I almost killed myself trying to follow the yoga DVD. (Yoga puts a whole new meaning into "get moving"). As I untied the knots of my arms and legs I decided today was the day to update all the kids journals and sort through the pile of photos that have been on my desk since before Christmas. Doesn't seem too much to accomplish, right?
HA!   I am now going to bed with piles of photos EVERY WHERE.  At least before, they were hidden on my desk in the garage . . . Now they are on the dining room table,  kitchen counters and in the den.  Albums are strewn across the living room floor and I am totally in over my head.

It better rain for a month !

No comments:

Post a Comment