Friday, March 23, 2012

HOLY SPIRIT

This is something like HOLY COW but even better.  Are you readers out there familiar with the Holy Spirit?  It's a Catholic thing but boy oh boy I do believe the Catholic Church is on to something here and I don't think many people know about it.

It was at least 20 years ago that I first discovered the POWER of the Holy Spirit.  I had been teaching religion for years and like the rest of the world was totally confused by this concept of The Holy Trinity. I get the FATHER,  and the SON but that Holy Spirit just made no sense to me. (The whole idea of God being 3 persons is a tough one in itself but just what is this Spirit part of the Trinity any way?) There is a lot of my religion that confuses me but I have got to say this was the biggie. Trying to explain the Holy Spirit to a bunch of third graders when I didn't understand it myself was always something of a challenge. Basically when we got the THAT chapter we would just read the work book and wing it. (Oh how I wish the book, "The Shack" had been written 20 years earlier.)

So there I was not really "getting it" when I was attending classes for religion teachers. Nobody ever explained exactly what the Holy Spirit was but they did talk about what the Holy Spirit DID and that was quite the eye opener. It seems that this is the "side" of God that you go to when you really need a boost. Those times when you think you are just about at your wits end and just can't take on another problem . . .  That's when you pray to the Holy spirit. And let me tell you . . .  WOW . . .  this really works. The first time that I sat alone and feeling that I just could not go another step without some help I talked to God. But not just God, I singled out that part of God that is there to help. I called on the Holy Spirit of God to come to me,  fill me with Peace, Serenity and Strength to endure and let me tell you I could not believe the calm that over came me.
And it works EVERY time.

2 days ago I was bordering on a full blown anxiety attack. I have been know to do this on occasion and I had allowed things to really get out of control in my head. I had myself ready to be admitted to the hospital with chest pains, palpitations, shaking and head ache. I came out of the shower and waked into my bedroom where I have a picture of the Blessed Mother. I pass it 20 times a day but as I walked past it this time I SAW it. It stopped me and I touched Mary's face and asked her to ask the Holy Spirit to help me let go of all the anxiety I was holding on to. I sat down on the bed and saw a book of prayers Keri had given me at Christmas and as I opened the book there were a bunch of prayers about anxiety. By the time I finished reading I was talking to the Holy Spirit and feeling better and better by the second.  I had a great nights sleep and the day that I had been dreading turned into The Perfect Day!

Think what you will . . .  I KNOW there is something going on here and you will never convince me other wise. There have been too many times in my life over the past 20 years that when I get REALLY in need of help I pray to this amazing Spirit and my worries are lifted and taken away.

You really must give it a try some time. And don't forget to say "THANK YOU" afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment