Saturday, March 3, 2012

MY DERMATOLOGIST

On Tuesday I have my six month appointment with the dermatologist.  HE IS GOING TO KILL ME !
I love the guy, real laid back and he has the same political views as H. In fact, H and I go together and Doc takes us both in together.  The second the Doctor enters the room he starts ranting with H about our president. Which is EXCELLENT for me because it takes the focus off my skin being too tan.
Every time I go the doctor tells me, "TOO MUCH SUN!". What he expects considering I moved to Florida for the sun, I don't know. So since H comes with me I do get some off the total focus off myself.

BUT TUESDAY WILL BE DIFFERENT!  Since having Aunt AM here ALL she wants to do is sit in the sun.  She IS her mother's daughter and Rita would be BLACK in the summer.  Something about the BLACK IRISH? These folks love their sunshine and will sit and bake for hours.  I can't and don't want to do this so the 2 siblings get an attitude when I choose to stay home while they go out to burn. But I can't sit alone at home all the time, (I would if I could) so I have been out in the sun a bit this past week and a half. And Doctor Fayne WILL notice!  This doctor wants me wearing long sleeves and a huge sun hat ALL the time. That ain't happening . . .   but I also don't want to sit and bake day after day. It isn't even a case of I'll sit in the shade and you 2 sit in the sun.   I would be sitting at the opposite end of the pool and they would be shouting the length of the pool to talk to me. At the moment I am taking time to catch up on some laundry and chores at home and the 2 black birds are baking. They will return from the community pool RAVING about how WONDERFUL the water is.  I bet it is but I don't want to be there.  I am sure they thing I have something wrong with me for not wanting to be in the sun every second of every day. But I have become a spoiled Florida Brat ! "Oh, it's too chilly today (75). Oh it's not sunny enough. Oh there is a cloud in the sky."  After all,  when you live in paradise there is ALWAYS a better day tomorrow and if no, just wait an hour.

I don't know how many "things" the doctor will find on my skin tomorrow but I am hoping to reduce that number by at least one by not sitting in the sun today. Is that being a bad hostess to our guest?  I don't think so. And Aunt AM isn't a guest, she is family so I hope she doesn't mind that I am staying home to prepare dinner for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment