Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I MUST BE GETTING OLD

EVERYTHING hurts . . .      That is just part of the facts of life these days. And some days are worse than others.
When I was in NY everything hurt because we had just driven over a thousand miles and my body was aching from all the sitting in the car.
When I was in MD everything hurt because we were sleeping on a sofa bed and I was up and down off the floor playing with the kids.
When we got back to FL everything hurt because we had just spent another 2 days in the car and I was still achy from playing with the kids.
Today everything hurts from playing all day with Smith.

I am either a glutton for pain or I just love these grand kids beyond reason.

A trip to the chiropractor yesterday did wonders for my back and legs. I was so twisted it was a wonder I was still walking. Tomorrow I will return to the chiropractor for a massage and another adjustment and then I have to seriously work on getting this fat old body back into some sort of healthy state. That should be worth a laugh or two!

Today we had a great day with Kent and Smith in spite of me having to jump into the pool fully clothed, shoes and all, to grab my little man Smith. He and I had walked out by the pool to check out what was happening in the yard. Smith bent over to pick up something and just fell in . . . PLOP ! Did you know little kids sink? I just jumped off the edge and scooped him up. He came up coughing but not the least bit upset. He looked at me and pointed to his hair and said, "WET".  He was absolutely fine with the whole thing, so much so that a little while later we put bathing suits on and returned to the pool to swim the "right" way. Only problem was we didn't bother to put a swimmy diaper on him and he proceeded to POOP in the pool. That was one really nasty mess to clean up off him. I realized he had pooped and got him out of the pool before too much leaked out but I thought daddy Kent was going to upchuck. A BIG beach towel and a quick trip to grand ma's bath tub had everything taken care of in no time. AND the best thing of all was the pool guy showing up minutes after the disaster so he threw some heavy duty chemicals into the pool.

I won't be going for a swim for a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment