Wednesday, June 20, 2012

RITAS

NO, I am not blogging about my mother-in-law. I am talking here about THE Rita's custard and Italian ice store that makes the VERY BEST,   MOST AWESOMELY DELICIOUS custard in the world.  Maryland is the first place that I tasted Rita's custard and I have been hooked ever since. I have been to a Rita's in Florida but luckily or not it is not near enough for me to be tempted every day.
And here you thought we were coming to Maryland to visit our grand kids!
We had a great day with the kids and then stopped at Rita's for dessert. Kaelin and I had some vanilla custard with sprinkles.  Finn could only have Rita's Italian ice because he is lactose intolerant, poor little guy doesn't know what he is missing.  I really do hope to get another trip to Rita's again before we leave Maryland, even if it is on our way out at 9 AM on Friday.

Today was a good day even though we didn't get to Rita's.  Kaelin had a dermatologist appointment over near the coast of the bay. We all left this morning and headed off in the mini van. Finn fell asleep on the way which was great and Kaelin and I sat in the back and chatted through out the trip.  We had lunch at Panera Bread, spent some time in the library and then went to the doctor.  From there we took a drive down to the maritime museum where we spent a couple of hours searching for shark teeth fossils, looking at all the fish tanks and climbing up in the light house. the place was quite large and I would like to return some time to really check out all the exhibits. Kaelin and Finn got to dress up in colonial garb and play in the model light house in the kid section. It was a great afternoon.

Tomorrow is our last day here and we will take advantage of every last minute of it. Kaelin told us today she doesn't want us to leave. She told us she wanted us to stay until Christmas. I would if I could!

No comments:

Post a Comment