Monday, March 30, 2015

LAID TO REST

Today the family gathered at OUR LADY QUEEN OF PEACE cemetery in Royal Palm Beach, Fl to have Ger's ashes  placed in our niche in a wall.  It was a beautiful day. Blue blue sky, a lovely breeze and warm sunshine.  Ger would have loved it.
A short ceremony was done by a deacon from a near by church and our family came together to say their final good bye to their dad, grandpa, husband. It bothered me more than I had expected. Having had Ger's ashes here at the house for the past month was sort of comforting. I would talk to him and pat him on "his head" as I walked by.  For the past couple of weeks he was wearing bunny ears to get in the spirit of Easter. So today when we were leaving the house and I went over to pick him up to go I felt like I had to let him go all over again.  I wasn't prepared for that.
But off we all went and in the beauty of the day and the comfort of my children and grand children it was okay. The grand kids loved the cemetery because it was green grass and beautiful gardens.  My children loved it for the same reason, they were all right with leaving their dad's ashes there knowing he was already in a much better place but that they could visit him in this amazing setting any time they wanted.
It was a good day to say good bye.
Kaelin and Grey

THE WALL

Wynn and his daddy Kent

Add caption

Kristen, Wynn & Kent

Add caption


Finn

No comments:

Post a Comment