Wednesday, March 18, 2015

THE MESS IS WINNING . . . .

Two steps forward and twelve steps back. That is the progress I am making in trying to reorganize my house.  My dad always cracked us up by saying he "had to get organized". It must be a family thing because I keep saying that to myself and yet am making absolutely no head way at all. (I suppose if I stopped taking a nap every afternoon I could get more done but that just doesn't sound like any fun at all.)

Today's mission was ONCE AGAIN my bedroom. It all started with the closet and wanting to empty Ger's clothes out of the closet so I would have some room to put more of my things. (I have boxes under the beds with clothes I can't fit into and clothes that I only wear on those 2 days a year when the temperature drops below 60.) I thought if I put my too small clothes in the closet where I would see them it might remind me I don't want or need that cookie I am about to stuff in my face. And if I am working in the closet I am the furthest distance from the kitchen. WIN WIN !  So attack the closet was the plan for the past 3 weeks. I have emptied out all of Ger's clothes, taken 90% of them to the outreach program at my church and have emptied off all the shelves and floor space. But when I take one thing off a shelf I need to put it some where else. If it's not going in a bag for the church WHERE is it going to go? And if it IS going in a bag for the church where is that bag going to go until I get it to the church?

I am moving things around here in a way that a champion chess player would admire. King to Bishop three or suitcase to closet one. Moving things from one space to another just makes me have to clean out another space. Right now my 2 bedroom closets are cleaned up and done. The problem is that the bedroom itself looks like a dump truck has emptied a dumpster in my room. The shoe shelves from the closet floor . . .  they are sitting at the bottom of  my bed next to the 3 church bags and my suitcase. The laundry that I did yesterday is still on H's sided of the bed because I couldn't get into the closet to put them away because the floor was covered with the contents of the cabinets under the sinks. (How could I clean the closet and not empty THAT messy space under the sinks.

But I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Too bad I have to stop tomorrow because I am having a friend sleep over and the guest bedroom is in worse shape than my room. I had been putting the twins birthday gifts in the guest room, along with Finn's birthday gifts AND Easter stuff ! All that has to come out of the guest room by tomorrow night and there is no room in my room so that means the mess is overflowing into the dining room. I can't put the stuff in the garage because THAT space is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  filled with crap from emptying the storage unit.

Maybe I will re-rent that storage unit and go live there. At least it will be empty and clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment